Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-10-2008 , 06:34 AM

Shader Loading Issues

I have recently started using maya 2008 on my new machine and i cant recall how to get my shader files to show up in hypershade. With maya 4,5,8 that i used previously i just threw a texture file in my "shader" folder and it was available in its own tab in hypershade as soon as i did it.. now i cant seem to get the shader tabs to appear.

So any help and pathways i need to have it in... or importing options or anything would be handy.

# 2 11-10-2008 , 09:10 AM
any help at all guys...? Even the basic way of how you load shaders up.. basics. maybe im doing something simple incorrectly..

# 3 09-02-2009 , 10:15 PM
Well. i was hoping that at some point in the last few months someone would be able to help... well i guess ill have to just keep trying.... still around if someone would like to help though.

# 4 19-02-2009 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
If you want to use shaders you have in a particular project your working on, open or set the new project then in hypershade go to file, import and navigate to them, they will be available in that project.

I have never imported shaders wholesale into maya but just keep all the ones i have collected in a particular folder then import them as needed as described above.

sorry if this is not mutch help.

free memory low..exception thrown