Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-02-2010 , 04:12 PM

Need help

Hey!
I'm new with Maya and i found this great tutorial on simplymaya called FrankyFree or something. but the thing is, when i try to add new isoparms to a NURB cylinder i can no longer move control vertexes or faces. Any of u guys know why or what i am doing wrong

# 2 27-02-2010 , 03:10 PM
How are u inserting?

Press right button(selection the model). Then select Isoparm. Click and drag any existing isoperm to a new place where u want them be.(Press shift while clicking and dragging for multiple inserting). You will see a yellow dotted line.

goto Edit NURBS > Insert Isoperm.

# 3 27-02-2010 , 03:59 PM

Originally posted by iamcreasy
How are u inserting?

Press right button(selection the model). Then select Isoparm. Click and drag any existing isoperm to a new place where u want them be.(Press shift while clicking and dragging for multiple inserting). You will see a yellow dotted line.

goto Edit NURBS > Insert Isoperm.

i know, i'm doing the isoparm right, because i get the new curve where i want it, but when i then press insert isoperm i can no longer move any part of the object besides the whole object itself, and this only happends with cylinders, and i've been trying with both maya 2010 and maya 2009 but i got the same problem both times

here is a video of my problem watch me

Last edited by zunyer; 27-02-2010 at 04:22 PM.
# 4 27-02-2010 , 06:46 PM
I was able to replicate your problem and fix it by deleting the history. You can do it after the initial creation of the cylinder or whenever you get the lockup. The former is probably better as you start with a clean surface before any editing ensues.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 27-02-2010 , 09:24 PM
sorry, but i don't understand

# 6 27-02-2010 , 09:58 PM
Hit F1 and read up on 'deleting construction history' and 'construction history' in general. The cmd to do it is:

Edit > Delete by Type > History

or

Edit > Delete all by Type > History

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 7 27-02-2010 , 10:19 PM
thanks for the help=D