Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-10-2004 , 12:36 PM

[Cartoondog] Union boolean operation

Hi guys,

A week ago I only could dream about me was modeling a dog, now i'm actually doing it --> thanks to Kurt!! :p

But, now im stuck in videotut3, having a problem with the Onion boolean operation tool... When Kurt clicks on Onion the wireframe becomes lightgreen and all the isoparms connect each other. When I click on Union only the cursor changes... the 2 polys (neck and head are still 2 parts and not 1..

I've checked some threads to solve my problem:

Changed Merge Vertex distance to 4.000
Done it with clicking ENTER, without...

nothing helped...

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance

Last edited by keskin_kilic; 31-10-2004 at 12:42 PM.
# 2 31-10-2004 , 03:04 PM
Hi...

First off make sure the object is a polygone and that the edges are turly intersecting through each other. If its still not working go to Edit Polygons> normals and select> conform >then set to face then try again..

If that dont work either post up the MB file and I'll take a look, booleans are very feniky some times.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 31-10-2004 , 05:33 PM
Hi Kurt,

and that the edges are turly intersecting through each other.

DOH! Not all the vertices were intersecting the other shape....

:o

Yes.... stupid me!!!

Thanx again!