Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 12-05-2005 , 12:36 AM

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 17 17-05-2005 , 02:44 PM
Pretty cool video, I wish I can show you mine. I NEVER do front flips, all my flips are backflips, gainers, aerials and ninjas. All for breakdancing hehe. I landed on my ass doing front flips before and hurt like hell so never again with that move (psychological thing).

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 18 19-05-2005 , 11:15 PM
Wow! I had no idea that this post had been revived from the dead. Thanks for the kind words! Well we have officially resumed filming on our little video project here! We will probably name it:
Inverted Reality 1.5: Say No to Gravity .
I have been trying to get good with my waverunner for our video. We plan on having some shots with both of us on a waverunner doing stuff at 40 MPH! Also I get my license tomorrow so we will probably have some fun stuff in cars. Anyone have any cool ideas for stunts? Feel free to post a stunt no matter how crazy it might sound. Besides you never know if it just might show up in our next film!

dragonfx:

Dont try your luck more than whats absolutely necessary...

Hmmm, well I always try and reach the physical limits of my body........ and the exceed them!user added image
Oh yeah and what are mortal jumps?

cung: Yes I use Adobe Premiere Pro.

------thatdudeyoulove-------
# 19 20-05-2005 , 08:24 AM
sometimes i just think i dont need the spanish-english dictionary anymore...XD
it says "salto mortal"="somersault", but i think you prefer the term front/back flip...

as you see in the spanish name it implys you can easily break something important and die doing it XD

Last edited by dragonfx; 20-05-2005 at 08:39 AM.
# 20 20-05-2005 , 12:50 PM
Oh my hahahahah Dragonfx thats pretty interesting. Ill be sure not to mention that to people still trying to learn these things. user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 21 20-05-2005 , 02:51 PM
i didnt named it in spanish, its the name it has... user added image

i was forced to learn it in order to pass gymastics, i probably couldnt do it nowadays, and indeed to the pal that spent 6 monts in bed with the broken leg it wasnt funny at all... DO MENTION THAT BEFORE YOU TEACH IT TO ANYBODY ELSE...

# 22 20-05-2005 , 08:37 PM
Hehe a I see. Ya I actually kind of have two aprentices now. The other kid from the video and then a new guy who I might put in the next vid.

# 23 25-05-2005 , 04:53 PM
Heres a trick you may want to do: Jump out of a moving car, tumble (to absorb the shock), and land on your feet. I like jumping out of cars. The record for me, without getting seriously injured, is 20-25 mph. You are a fricklot better then me, so you might be able to do 30-35.. and land??? Dont try it unless you are sure of lesser speeds first. I was gonna do 25-30 once, but I decided to do 15-20 first, and when I did it I hit a rock, tripped, and broke a leg. And when I do it, I dont land on my feet. And dont say, for ppl reading this "Oh its easy, I could do 50 and land. Its really hard. Unless yer a pro like thatdudeyoulove user added image you couldnt. (Im not crazy, just have a high pain tolerance and an iron will).

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

# 24 25-05-2005 , 10:56 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. Not quite sure about it yet though. I'll look into it.

I went to the local natatorium (public indoor pool) with the guy from the movie and we practised our tricks on the diving board. It just so happened that lifeguard training was that day and all the lifeguards(mostly teenage girls) were paying more attention to us than their instructor. Any ways I tried to do a double frontflip but got out of my tuck way to soon and did a super hard backbuster. The SMACK was so loud everyone turned their heads lol. Anyways we got some cool footage their I successfully landed a frontflip 720° on tape! Also we filmed a short fight scene so we may integrate that into the video. Anyone else have an idea?

# 25 25-05-2005 , 10:59 PM
O yeah we also decided to make our video a completely new one rather than using the footage from the first. So hopefully it will be much better. We have named it:
Inverted Reality 2 : eXtreme

# 26 26-05-2005 , 01:06 PM
Do you skateboard?

# 27 26-05-2005 , 06:21 PM
nope, but I am a good snowboard (though I live in Texas lol) and the other guy in the video does some inline skating stuff in the new movie. Also we are going to try and learn to wakeboard.

# 28 30-11-2005 , 02:33 AM
New Movie!!!!!

Ok guys so I finished my second Inverted Reality movie a while backand finally got it online. It has some minor glitches in the audio but at least I got it online. This little video was a test for stuntwork in future movies and as a nice little intro to film. It was created by GreatScott Productions(Scott Hardesty) and Adrenaline Studios(Me, Colt McCormack). It was filmed in various locations across the US (from the Rockies, to the plains, to the ocean). It includes stunts performed on bikes, skates, boogey boards, and just off our feet. A couple of the 'stunts' included: aggressive inline skating(freestyle and halfpipe(Scott)), mountain biking(off of jumps we built at our secret spot(Scott)), cliff-diving (27 foot(Me)), jumping off of a car moving at 15 MPH (Scott) and tackling/landing on a guy(Me.....ouch), various flips off of just about everything (up to 14 feet high(Me and Scott)), wallflips(Me and Scott), etc. While some of the 'stunts' are kinda plain you gotta remember that we were teaching ourselves all of this stuff as we shot. We went from not being able to do anykind of flipping on solid ground to being able to do running/standing frontflip 360s, standing backflips, etc. After learning to do all of this stuff I actually went to South Padre and did a 150 foot bungee jump(highest in Texas). Unfortunately that footage was taped over by my little sister....grrrr. Anyways be sure to check out the film at my new site(still under construction): https://www.thatguyyoulove.com . And please leave a comment here after you watched it. I wanna hear what you thought and if you have any good ideas for a crazy stunt for us to use in our next film. Now go watch the movie!

# 29 30-11-2005 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
hi , i cant see this video user added image
could you upload it again?
as i see in other posts its something like those freaks of tricktutorials user added image
i also do capoeira but thw last two times i nearly broke my neck by doing a wallflip and dislocated my knee by doing i dont know how its called in english .. its like going forward and doing a backflip you know?
so after my pause of 3 month because of the knee i think i should stop jumping around user added image

but i am really interested in this video!!!!

# 30 30-11-2005 , 08:38 PM
Holy Crap dude, thats tight stuff! Plus I love that song! It is
Sum 41 isnt it? Well anyway, its really sweet stuff, especially the part with the skates. I cant do that stuff on skates, it definately aint my thing. I might can do some of that stuff on skateboard, but not most of it. Well, you make me wanna try that stuff, but I wont cuz i uh... lol broke my right arm and dislocated my left shoulder (how the f___ did I do that????!) skating about a year ago trying to do something off of a huge-ass half pipe. Anyway, keep to it, you own dude.

Live the life you love, love the life you live