Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-03-2006 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber

Country House

Just getting back into Maya again after some time away...thought i'd try my hand at a little house...right now i've only got the outside done...i'm gonna texture and furnish the inside as well....maybe make a little flyby animation

don't worry too much about the scenery, i just put it together to give the house some context...i've still got a few things to do on the exterior

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-03-2006 , 05:47 PM
Subscriber
The wood textures are sort of off and the roof texture is flat.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 3 19-03-2006 , 06:27 PM
textures too low res- no bump map, the lighting is clearly the default one, the trees are obviously paint fx

but hey- practice and practice and you can only get better! user added image

The faults are in the textures- the modeling is just fine. Just read up on texturing and lighting outdoor scenes and voila- you have a nice render

Just keep on practicing, like I said- you can only get better.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 20-03-2006 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the input. I haven't gotten around to bump mapping yet, or working with lighting, this is just a test render to see how everything is coming along.

I'll definately play around with the textures though, see if i can get a more natural look...especially on the outside walls of the house, i don't like how that looks. I'm quite a noob at maya in general, but texturing isnt one of my strengths yet.

Before i go searchin google, or maya help, are there any recommended sites to learn about outdoor lighting?
Oh, and for paint fx as well. I was just playing around with it to see what it can do. So many tools to learn!!! user added image