Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-04-2007 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber

Smoking Logo Using Fluids

Hey all,
I have been asked to make a logo for a cafe but i have run into a few problems. They want it to set on fire, then start to smoke and they want the smoke to form another word.
I have made the smoke and fire but i have no idea how to make it change shape and form the other word.

Can anyone help me out?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 2 08-04-2007 , 04:44 PM
I remember seeing something in my Maya Help Section where fluid (fire & smoke) took on a specific shape because it was routed through a container or something. So, what about a container shaped like the word, when the smoke fills up the container it will look like the word. I hope someone has a better way though because this way sounds like a lot of work.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 08-04-2007 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 4 08-04-2007 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
a couple of sort of quick ways I can think of is import an Alpha into your 2D container, create a cache and run it backward??

another way is obvious, use a mask in after effects and composite the smoke against it.

take it easy and life will be easy