Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-11-2010 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber

mia material x passes - problem

Have a look at these two renders. One is a basic lanbert and as you see, the rendered mesh is fine.

However, take a look at the render with the mia_material_x_passes...there are parts of my mesh that are not rendering as expected. I have assigned the material to all of the mesh.

Any ideas guys as to where I can look to resolve this issue?

# 2 17-11-2010 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
Have a look at these two renders. One is a basic lambert and as you see, the rendered mesh is fine.

However, take a look at the render with the mia_material_x_passes...there are parts of my mesh that are not rendering as expected. I have assigned the material to all of the mesh.

Any ideas guys as to where I can look to resolve this issue?

Sorry for the double post

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 17-11-2010 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
The first image is missing....

Are the normals facing the wrong way ?? - its the only thing I can think off looking at the render as the shadder is working in other places - its even reflecting the bad area`s (hehe). It some times happens when duplicating over groups and i think may have happened here.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 17-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.
# 4 17-11-2010 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes
The first image is missing....

Are the normals facing the wrong way ?? - its the only thing I can think off looking at the render as the shadder is working in other places - its even reflecting the bad area`s (hehe). It some times happens when duplicating over groups and i think may have happened here.

I wen tin and unparented my mesh items and discovered where the normals were wrong.

Cheers user added image