Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-07-2003 , 01:58 PM

Lil Mermaid WIP

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 2 11-07-2003 , 02:22 PM
i think she looks really good but I have a coupla comments:

the tail is too flat, i think that it should have more curves and detail (compared to the rest of the model it's lacking too much detail)

I get the feeling that the woman looks too old, when I think of a mermaid I think lithe, young and beautiful... but maybe that's just personal preference.

Looking forwards to seeing more of this though

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 12-07-2003 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
whoa, i love everything.. everything from the head, to the waist. I think you should get some more mermaid pictures and figure out how the fin comes out of the skin.. the fin imo looks quite generalised compared to the rest of the body. I would suggest making it look like theres muscle support on the sides of the fins and then show it like a flap of skin.. i will make a quick image.

BTW, wasnt that the face you used in another model? its a wonderful face, but yea.. maybe make the eyes a bit bigger, different "teen/young adult" like expressions.. and definately change the hair style.. if its a mermaid, it wouldnt keep that hair up for more than a minute under the water :O.. i think straight long hair down to the back.. just like ariel user added image..

Oh and one other thing.. you added an ass to your mermaid.. but mermaids dont have asses user added image.. I am quite sure of this after watching the little mermaid too many times as a kiduser added image. If anything, after you get past the waist it is like a fish tail.. so i would keep the arch you have to where the butt would be, but then have it curve down all the way to the tail, not come back in, then down.

really nice model though, especially the upper body!

Attached Images

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 12-07-2003 at 12:31 AM.