Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-10-2003 , 01:59 AM

garments and animation

Hi guys,
what is the deal with cloth garments. I ran the simulation and I had really no idea about when to interupt the process. What is a typical local simulation time? Do we need to have a "run up" that covers the entire length of a scene? I can't seem to delete cloth objects and the seams and start over with the panels because when I go to "make garment" again, I get the message that the 'panel already has a sticher attached.' I tried to delete the connection in the hypergraph and that seemed to do the trick but, when I tried to run the simulation again, it gave me a really weird response, the gravity took over the garment and it deformed out of sight. I deleted the cache too. What is the deal. And another thing, do we need to bind the garments to the bones just like skinning? There doesn't seem to be a lot of text regarding cloth and garments. Thanks!

# 2 25-10-2003 , 02:21 AM
What version of Maya are you using?

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 3 25-10-2003 , 07:20 PM
I'm using 5.0. I could really use your input. thanks.

# 4 26-10-2003 , 05:51 PM

...and that is how I saved the world.