Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-04-2004 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber

help.. maya ple challenge

ok basically maya are running a challenge to animate this character :
ive started, hes supposed to be climbing a rope, was looking for all feedback to help me make the best possible entry i can
--
anyone who can download the file and give me feedback it's much appreciated
thanks mumbo

Attached Files
File Type: zip kilron rope 3.zip (662.5 KB, 172 views)

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 2 18-04-2004 , 02:31 PM
i think it's pretty awesome ;| although it needs to be about 30 times longer user added image

# 3 18-04-2004 , 03:17 PM
Not bad little buddy.... I was thinking about entering that challenge at one point.. Nice to see you animating.

I like the arm movement so far... now what you should concentrate on a bit more is

1) Bringing the legs to the rope a bit sooner to help him climb... hes a big guy and he be able to goup abit with just his arms but thye would get tired pretty quick.

2) Add a little bit more root side to side movment when he reaches his arms higher.. think about when you streach your arms you hips usally move outward a bit with the out stretched arm.

3) Once you get his movment down add some personality to the rope as he climbs....

Great start.. keep going...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 19-04-2004 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber
mumbo I watched it over m over cant say anything wrong with it .actually has very smooth movemets .
good job!
ugh I'll never be an animator user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 5 19-04-2004 , 10:57 PM
Technical Director
I agree with Kurt. He needs to pull up his legs faster.

-Peace

Imagination is more important than knowledge.