Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-11-2006 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber

new basic person tut

is anyone else having trouble with the download of the free [erson tut or is it just me?? parts 1 and 3 are fine, but i cant get the others to open

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 06-11-2006 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
I jst downloaded the hands that Moore asked for and Mikes endering tut and Ll opened fine. I also downloaded the bas people pt 2 again (4 times now) and STIll it didn't open I got this from the ZUP loh (yes I tried bith Rar and ZIP)

Extracting file: C:\temps\Basic Human form part 2.zip
Extracting to "C:\temps\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Extracting SP350.FrankyFreePart2.avi
bad CRC ec5fd379 (should be bd15ba7c)

# 3 18-11-2006 , 09:16 PM
Subscriber
hey mate ..not sure what is going on but i have downloaded both and they are playing fine for me ....just give me a shout on messenger ..could just be a setting ..i have looked at both ....

# 4 19-11-2006 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
hi, well i have downloaded a number of free tuts today and they all worked except this one (pt 2, pt 1 was fine) and really, unless i can get it when i go to uni, i can not be bothered with it anymore. took me three hours to download (i have used my limit as usual) the first one (the same tut, PT one of the basic person worked fine (again) and so I naturally thought iPt 2 would work but this is the 5th time I have tried and I am a little over it. thanks anyway, i'll be in touch soon. I dont have messanger anymore, on the lap top yes, but on here no, i just dont like it. i'm over strssed and under paid and pissed off with the whole world at the moment. its a long stroy, i am grateful for what I have but I am just sick of having to fight my way through life, moment by moment through life just to be a normal human being. This has been happeneing since I got thrown onto the streeet at 11 years old and I've done my best to know the differance between right and wrong, i'm just really over it. not one thing is pleasent in my life, its all work and lonliness and work and.., I may as well take up robbing banks and treating people like garbage...

sorry matt, bad day!

# 5 19-11-2006 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber
Hi there Mirek03.

Hmm. Am also living in Aus - have had no problem that I recall downloading the Free Human Tute.

Have you tried downloading the files in pieces? Now, you can't do that unless you've purchased points, and I realise that this will entail spending about 12 or 13 bucks for the first 2 points, but they're worth it IMHO. (I bought in British pounds, since the exchange rate ment it was cheaper to do that than it would have been with euros or us $) Now I just need to buy some more and get some of the really cool stuff.

After that, just download in whatever sized chunks suit you. Failing that, if you're close enough I'll give you a copy of it on DVD, along with the other Simply Maya free tutes - so long as that's not deemed inappropriate.

Just PM me if interested. - We may even be able to sort out mailing something...

# 6 19-11-2006 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
enhzflep (how do you pronounce THAT..? I cant even spell it and I thought my name was a little left of centre user added image)

umm.., well some days one shouldn't get out of bed but as you see above, i don't get a chance to have a day like that and (stay in bed that is) , well, sometimes i just fold under, worse, i have to live with my darkest moments made public, with my big mouth Actually i don't care about that much, time just sort of flies by and we do our best but sometimes we can be our own worse enemy eh?

thats a really nice offer because despite saying i was over it, i tried to download it again three more times, once under my name and then I thought maybe it would load under my other name, 'bill the dill' my ulta (or primary in most cases) ego.

I installed IE7 and updated to PC-Trends latest AV and the computer is crashing no joke, every 5 to 15 to 60 minutes and has no AV except the firewall and router. My AV will not load, i can not un-install it (or I lose it) IE7 must still be beta because its garbage and I am just finishing 3 years of gut wenching pain, all i have to do to finish uni (get THIS degree anyway) is edit the final draft of my last essay today and probably another thousand words that is really just describing some archival film footage I had to research in the state library, the point being, I'm preying he computer doesn't completely lose it or i lose my degree (or do another huge [in the research sense] essay in a VERY short time)

I'll be lucky to finish this letter to you, thats how bad its got.

strange enough, all other tuts I downloaded yesterday worked?? cant figure it.

Melbourne eh, I love Melbourne and I will be going there soon, one of the people I am starting the company with lives there, at, is it Brunswick, that trendy street, very cool street, i like it. anyway, that would be good. maybe we can catch up.
I'm in Adelaide, not far, 10 hours driving

(for those in other countries, that is not a long distance by Australian standards, the drive across the nullabor is a long drive, Adelaide to Sydney is fun and Adelaide to Melbourne.., just a short trip user added image

# 7 20-11-2006 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
user added image

He he he he.

It's just the user name they gave me when I started Uni.
I pronounce it E-N-H-Z-FLEP. It's been 11 years and I still recall it and my student number like I used them yesterday. So, enhzflep it is.

Yeah, I've always had er, _fun_ with the micro$oft products. I used to get stung by bullshit internet worms, dialers and other assorted nasties, UNTIL I switched to mozilla firefox. That was some time ago, and an increasing number of scripts are now targeting it. But still less than IE. Another usefull tool is Spybot S&D (Spybot search and destroy) It's a free download and needs no reg.

I've also found that Windows is getting unstable again, it's only been a month.user added image Anyway, it's not _that_ traumatic. I can reinstall Windows and all my programs and documents in about 2 hours.

Ah Adelaide huh? Nice place I hear. Really must get there someday soon. Found an old CD mailer around here, it turns out that postage is the same as a 'Large Letter'. In this case it was $1.50! So, if you're desperate it's really not going to cost anything worth worrying about. Failing that, Brunswick's easy enough for me to get to. Used to go through there every day on my way to a jewellery course in Collingwood.

Seeya.

# 8 20-11-2006 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
you all really need to use symantec ghost ...get your drive back up faster .....i use it all the time and it gets my drive back up quick, windows xp, maya 7 and 8 , nero and office ...the main files i have in about 15 mins or so .... just a thought for both of you .

# 9 21-11-2006 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
Matt you're going to have to speak English user added image symantic ghost sounds like a manga mag. faster hard drives?? i probably toasted fine. i am still recovering from this most untimely trend update that did my computer in and i had to put they're old date back in, i eventually got an answer from them only one week, wow, talk about speed, and in the meantime i have to face uni today with no last paper, great so i do it today there and should have turned this one off and done that ages ago.

well enhzflep, i can understand you like the name, it grows on you I think, e-n-hzflep, i like it its funny. these days they don't gave out imaginative names like that, just the first few letters of your name and a couple of numbers, boring and no way would i use it for anything.

I'll PM you my address, got to run to uni, that update has me late on a lot of things and pretty well upset, well maybe its just something to vent the pressure on.