Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-09-2005 , 12:59 PM

Normal Mapping using Zbrush or anything else!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with normal maps, im am new to maya and zbrush but have been told these are the programs to use. So far i have got a basic low poly Character modeled that i am quite pleased with and the idea is to create a high poly detailed model in zbrush and the generate the normal map and map it onto the low poly model, the reason im doing this is to try out some of the techniques used in next gen games and for my portfolio.

Im ok with creating my high detail model but am unsre weather to use zbrush, maya or melody to generate the normal map and also how i go about aplying this to my low poly model?

If anyone could help it would be great or if anyone knows any good tutorials on this subject, if people think there is a better way to get the same result then thats always good too!

Thanks all
Ben

Last edited by Nightol; 27-09-2005 at 01:07 PM.
# 2 27-09-2005 , 01:56 PM