Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-07-2007 , 01:38 PM

Audi TT

Guess I'm scrapping the Mazda. So I started on this Audi.

Front Wire

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 05-07-2007 , 06:03 PM
Looks good, but try to keep poly distribution a bit better, it seems to me that you have some parts a lot more heavy than the others. It may give you some problems later on when smoothing.

# 3 05-07-2007 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
yea just what Scionic said. Its lookin like a way better start then ur mazda. Make sure u get ur hoot and bumper looking good before you move on because it will help ur poly plow stay better looking and more evenly spread.

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 4 06-07-2007 , 04:51 AM
Cheers Scionic & 99Gs Turbo.
It was pretty late last night and I guess I wasn't paying attention or something. I cleaned up the mesh though.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 5 06-07-2007 , 04:52 AM
Another angle.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 06-07-2007 , 04:53 AM
Subscriber
the mesh is lookin a lot cleaner. when can we see a smoothed version

Toyota Supra WIP

# 7 06-07-2007 , 05:19 AM
Smooth wires by popular demand lol.
I lost Photoshop, so I'm using paint to crop these. user added image
This makes photoshop sound really good right now.

Smooth 1

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 06-07-2007 , 05:20 AM
Smooth 2

Attached Thumbnails

# 9 06-07-2007 , 05:22 AM
Smooth 3 w/ inverted color. Really brings out the topology huh?
Oops file too big. Gimme a minute.

# 10 06-07-2007 , 05:23 AM
Ok.
The inverted colors really increased the file size, so I had to resize this one.

Attached Images

# 11 06-07-2007 , 05:33 AM
Subscriber
opps i mean can i see it without the wire so I can see if theres any pinching or bumps that we can help guide u through

Toyota Supra WIP

# 12 06-07-2007 , 05:39 AM
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 07-07-2007 , 04:34 AM
Did a little more work on the Audi. I'm starting to get the hang of this. I haven't done any details yet.

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 07-07-2007 , 04:36 AM

smoothing problem

When I smoothed the mesh, I ended up with these dark edges and I don't know why. The pols are all hard, so I don't know whats goin on.

# 15 07-07-2007 , 04:38 AM
:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails