Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-10-2008 , 04:47 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Instancing

Is there any way to not display copies of the model in the workspace when instancing?
I want to do this because my computer cant really handle showing the instances in the workspace

# 2 13-10-2008 , 02:41 PM
I think you can just hide the original and it hides the instances (if its particles that your using) It's been a while since I used them so I might be wrong

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 13-10-2008 , 10:51 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
It still seems sluggish though, is there any way to just never create them in the workspace

would it be faster if i had no view of the workspace open?

# 4 14-10-2008 , 05:26 AM
Subscriber
hi

I've just unsed instancing on particles, so if your prolem is there you can hit the option box undoer particels>instance and it should give you three options at the top, geometry bounding box and something else. Geometry will display well, your geometry, bounding box will display each instanced objec only by itÄs bounding box and the third one will jsut draw one massive bounding box around your particle shape.

hope it helped

www.animateme.me.uk
# 5 14-10-2008 , 09:45 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
user added image
thanks thats just what i wanted user added image