Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-05-2009 , 10:05 PM

need fast help ! Lightwave

Well i have a model that I exported from lightwave he is animated rigged skinned and blendshaped. When i import it into maya i get this message ... I never used lightwave so i don't have a clue how i could fix that ...

Any ideas ... i need the model to be into maya tommorow morning here is 1 a.m now .

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-05-2009 , 11:41 PM
Oh man I love LightWave, you got BOTH LW and Maya? Life is just so unfair.

What about remove the rigging and just do it in Maya? Would just take you a couple of minutes extra and it could solve the export problem.

I am a old user of LW 6, 6.5, the new ones I have no idea, I stopped using it after 7 was released as I did not like the new GUI at all.

Added: according to your picture your model is around 30 000 polys, thats just silly, you should fix that.

# 3 30-05-2009 , 11:51 PM
It's 3900 polys that is smoothed version ... well i've started the rig again... whateva this is for 6 hours till now i hope i made it !