Due to high demand from a poll that you guys had a couple months ago, we're doing a fun project this time: spaceships! Spaceships are awesome and can be a ton of fun. I've made several spaceships and space stations and planets and stuff in my career and remember having a blast with it! Feel free to be creative and think outside the box!
There's only one hard and fast rule: you have to choose from the following races:
- That'd be you and me, but we've developed faster-than-light travel through spaaaaaace! It could be anything from USS Enterprise
-style to the Firefly-class Serenity
-style or maybe we utilized crash alien technology from Roswell... anything you can think of, but try to convey the fact that it is from Earth.
- A race of cold-blooded reptilians, these snake-people were enslaved for millenia before finally breaking free from their oppressors and founding their own homeworld on a far away world. Unfortunately, they chose poorly and the star they used to get their warmth began to die out. They were forced to the stars once again to find a new homeworld that would provide the warmth and resources for their civilization. (Bonus mckinley-points to anyone who can catch the reference this race is from!
- Similar to Reavers or Klingons, if you will, these pirates are the scourge of the thousand-skies, raping and pillaging any ship or outpost planet they can get to and get away from quickly. They steal technology and cobble together components from other races to develop their ships.
- These creatures seem to share a hive mind and have strange telepathic and telekinetic abilities. Yet they are able to literally "plug-in" to their ships, becoming
ships themselves. So think of these guys as actual living spacecraft
- If you don't like any of these choices, feel free to make up your own!
But try to fit an idea into the above choices if you can. I'm really interested in seeing what you guys can come up with given these kinds of themes!
A couple guides:
1) Modeling and Texturing are required.
2) You can be super-duper-high-res or do low-poly game models... your choice!
3) You *can* recreate popular ships from sci-fi and such but it's recommended that you try to think of your own.
4) Name your threads something like Spaceship Challenge: Earthling
(challenge name: your race)
5) Any 3D or 2D program can be used.
Feel free to ask any questions in this thread. 1st prize nets 100 points to be used in the SimplyMaya store!
But that's not all, you'll also get a nifty medal for getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd! We can even go crazy with categories if you guys want: Most Creative, Most Realistic, etc. Depends on if we get enough entries, though, I imagine.
Deadline Noon June 1st (USA Pacific Time)!