Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 136 30-11-2007 , 12:29 AM
Textured the street and now need to work on all those buildings and sort the textures for them.

Attached Thumbnails
# 137 30-11-2007 , 05:18 AM
Any ideas as to what is causing this.

// Error: (Mayatomr) : unexpected internal exception during scene cleanup, please report

# 138 30-11-2007 , 11:49 AM
er...sounds like there was an internal exception during scene cleanup, unexpectedly...

hard to say without know more, what version (maya) are you using?

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 139 30-11-2007 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
yeah, hard to say from that one line. Try running render diagnostics. The mr connection can be finicky sometimes.

# 140 01-12-2007 , 04:08 AM
Small update. Does anyone have any tips for the lighting regarding the street lights. Cannot get the bike to render in mental ray so I will probably render it separate in the software render and composite it in after effects.

Cheers Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 141 01-12-2007 , 08:54 PM
Does anyone have or know of any good sites where I can find some good high res shots of cityscapes and skyscrapers at night. I have tried google for images but can't really find anything decent.

Any help is much appreciated.

# 142 03-12-2007 , 12:20 AM
Hey,

www.pbase.com can be good for finding photos but most of them are copyrighted.

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 143 28-12-2007 , 08:48 PM

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Small update. Does anyone have any tips for the lighting regarding the street lights. Cannot get the bike to render in mental ray so I will probably render it separate in the software render and composite it in after effects.

Cheers Leon

You might use point lights instead of glowing effects.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 144 28-12-2007 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
i had that problem with mental ray once, in the end i found out it was a dodgey mesh that mental ray didnt like. i think it stemed from a boolean operation that went wrong.
just thought that might help

looking very nice btw!

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 145 30-01-2009 , 03:11 PM
Gonna try and do a fully texture version as well as toon shaded. Need to fix the arm poking out of the sleeve and will then try to set up a decent rig.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by leonlabyk; 30-01-2009 at 03:13 PM.
# 146 05-02-2009 , 06:43 PM
Finally got Kaneda rigged. Have re-started on Tetsuo as I want to get the proportions better. Hopefully I get get him rigged and set up soon as I will then be able to try and get some animation together.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 147 07-02-2009 , 03:10 PM
Tetsuo is finally up and rigged as well. Going to get him some gloves as well, I may do another version of him with the crazy arm, gray shirt and red cape with spikey hair. I am going to get the Joker set up 1st though. Hope to get this project ready to animate very soon as it was my 1st attempt at 3d some 3 years ago and is now finally starting to look as I intended.

Thanks and crits are welcome as always,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 148 07-02-2009 , 04:39 PM
The Nurb Herd
I think you should model the hair and toon shade it... it looks a little odd, and slightly balding user added image

# 149 07-02-2009 , 10:22 PM
I know what you mean hammer.horror but I am doing it this way so it will move freely when the characters are animated. I will also increase the hair count for the final renders and will be rendering it as a seperate pass so I will be able to improve the quality of it when I comp it together which will enable me to get rid of any thin areas. Thanks for the crit though and I will keep it in mind if things are looking funky once I begin animating.

Cheers,

Leon

# 150 11-02-2009 , 07:21 PM
Got the Joker set up but am having some problems with the rig and when I move him his body is coming out of his shirt. Not sure if I am going to be able to fix it as I have been messing around with the weights for the past 2 days and have had no success. Think what I should of done is model his whole body right down to his trousers and then simply set up his shirt as a wrap deformer. Here is a render of him in a tpose but will probably be unable to get a render of him on his bike unless I find the time to go back and remodel his lower body and re-do the rigging.

Attached Thumbnails