Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-10-2007 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber

movie this friday

hey sup,
you guys got any recommendation on what's a good movie in theaters these days? I'm gonna go with a new friend tomorrow and I'd hate for it to be a drag.
heres the list thats showing at a theater nearby:

30 days of night
gone baby gone
into the wild
nightmare before chrismass
rendition
comebacks
things we lost in fire
across the universe
halloween
resident evil extinction
the brave one
the game plan
the kingdom
we own the night

I haven't been watching tv lately so I have no idea which ones are popular. I tried doing an imdb search and trailer search for them but I wasn't really impressed with any of the plots so I thought you guys would have a recommendation on one you've seen or think is gonna be good .

Last edited by danotronXX; 15-10-2007 at 01:31 PM.
# 2 15-10-2007 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
wow rofl i havent even heard of 1 of them

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 3 15-10-2007 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
I know its ridiculous. Where's a good movie to be out when you need one.

# 4 16-10-2007 , 10:53 PM
SM Tea Boy
Dam never herd of any of them ether but I live in Prague and we tend to get the movie's a bit late in this part of the world

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 17-10-2007 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
haha yea it was a tough decision. we ended up watching resident evil extinction and actually wasn't a bad movie at all. my friend gave it a 5/5 so I'm happy.

# 6 18-10-2007 , 01:59 PM
Subscriber
Well if your planing on going this weekend

I'd say the top list to down would be

The Bad One
The Kingdom
Nightmare before christmass > euhm is there a new one? ever way if it's the old one, yes old one user added image
Into the wild
Resident
and i think i'v heard of across the universe

The rest buee don't know user added image

# 7 18-10-2007 , 03:35 PM
The last three are good, but the others aren't really worth it in my opinion. Nightmare is the same dumb movie that came out years ago- it just looks a LITTLE better. Not worth the money.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 8 18-10-2007 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber
yea nightmare before Christmas is the kind of movies that'd i'd have to be paid to watch. and yea nice CG? but it's still not worth it. I remember the old one just made me want to strangle somebody cause I couldn't fastforward the reel and I couldn't leave. for the future however, there were some pretty cool previews of ironman which i think will be worth a shot.

# 9 18-10-2007 , 09:16 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Christ!! Get Out of that town dude, go and find a cinema thats playing Ratatouille, just pure Pixar excellance. Also 3:10 to Yuma with Christain Bale and Russell Crowe....

Jay