Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-10-2010 , 10:56 AM

Blendshapes, Driven Keys but it won't Set!

I'm trying to set some driven keys up for my Face Gui, and it's been going fine so far until I messed up the keys.

How I'm setting them up is so that, if I translate my control up (along the Y axis, on a positive value), it shows one Blendshape, and if I translate it down (Y axis, on a negative value), it shows a different one.

It worked fine with my Brow Blendshapes and Eye Blendshapes. But when it came to the mouth, I missed the key for when all the attributes were 0 and the two Blendshapes on the mouth control combined really badly.

I asked a friend how to fix it, and he told me to go to "Break Connections" which I did. When I did that, I tried to set the keys as per usual, but it didn't want to.

I thought it might have something to do with my connections, so I went to the connection editor to see if I could do anything about it but when I tried connection the nodes, it only disabled any translation for the control, so I promptly Ctrl-Z'd out of it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't Ctrl-Z back from before I messed up the key in the first place, so I now stuck with a control and two unkeyed Blendshapes.

Can anyone help ASAP?

Attached Thumbnails

Here.