Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-05-2003 , 01:02 AM
The Maya Mountain

Year long 2D project. VERY cool!

# 2 17-05-2003 , 01:04 AM
Bloody amazing=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 17-05-2003 , 01:36 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!

...that's it... gotta learn 2 draw...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 17-05-2003 , 03:47 AM
Holly Guacamole.
This is trully incredible.

# 5 17-05-2003 , 02:56 PM
Simply Maya OG
Im with Izzy user added image

- Hybrid
# 6 18-05-2003 , 08:49 PM
way cool
user added image user added image user added image

# 7 18-05-2003 , 09:08 PM
---"Holly Guacamole."

I just about fell on the floor laughin when I read that!!!! LOL!!

---"Im with Izzy"

Yeah, can't believe I havn't learned to draw well yet...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 21-05-2003 , 06:24 AM
The Maya Mountain
Doh... just noticed this wasn't in the general chat forum.

Also, I just got a tablet for the first time today. user added image I thought I'd give the whole self-portrait thing a whirl.... this thing takes a bit of getting used to!

Not the best in the world, but not too shabby I think for my first one. Comments/Suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

user added image

EDIT: BTW, I know the mouth seems off. Think "Church Lady" from SNL. user added image

# 9 21-05-2003 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber
the dodge and burn trick..... awesome!!

# 10 22-05-2003 , 12:00 AM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, Tariqrf. user added image

Didn't really use a lot of dodge/burn, but thanks. It's definitly a "still learning" thing when it comes to painting.

# 11 22-05-2003 , 04:47 AM
SM Alumni
Mmmm, some talent the guy has. & you're not too shabby either Mike.

/me considers picking up a penciluser added image

gimme everything u got
# 12 23-05-2003 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
CHURCH LADY.. hahahaha, i love snl. Great stuff.

THat guy is truly amazing, 365 portraits.. wow. i think im going to take up something like that but on a smaller scale user added image. Anyways, mike... about your self portrait, pretty good man! you definately are gettin the skills.. i think its just the pose that you have to work on, still.. really looks good. Keep up the work user added image..I think if you took off the glasses.. and did a face shot with body armor.. you would make one hell of a warrior!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 13 24-05-2003 , 02:44 AM
I have to say that peice is pretty inspiring. Andrew has done something that has awoken a lot of ideas for me. Of course some of you won't really care, but I'm going to talk about them anyway!

Something is definetely wrong with our world today. We're mired by bills, depts, trying to get a better job, etc... What if we decided to do something different? Not crazy different or anything. But something that doesn't involve "Adding to my portfolio" or "Studying this to get a better job" or "Trying to forget Rage in panties" or things of that nature.

Mr. Jones has definetely humbled me. His 365 self portraits have outdone, outclassed, outperformed, and shine better than any one peice of art that I have done this year. Why you ask? Is it because he is infinitely better than me? Maybe, but I don't think that's why. I think his work is so inspiring to all of us because he simply did it. No aspirations for a portfolio peice. No desire to improve his talents to get a better job. Nothing that would seemingly "Get him more" than what he already has. But just looking at what he did you know he is 1,000 times better at conceptualizing, painting, creating, mood setting, lighting, etc, etc... and I don't think he even realized it until he was done. Wow. I'm truly humbled.

To me, Andrews 365 self portraits poses a question. What are you guys capable of? That's it. Nothing more. No, can you do better than me... No, can you do that realistically... No, how is your demo reel coming... No, Rage in panties... Just that one question.

What are you guys capable of?

# 14 24-05-2003 , 07:12 AM
Whoa wchamlet.
Yet again, you caught me out of balance.
I canĀ“t stop thinking now.

# 15 24-05-2003 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by wchamlet
What are you guys capable of?

a lot more than we would ever admit. yes sure if you have an awesome idea - and you dream about it - and then try to make it. it will not look to you, because you know how good your idea was. but hey, if you learn to see that others dont know the full idea - than they still think it is awesome. dont compare your work with your dreams (some dreams cannot be made true), but with what you before you started honestly thought you are capable of. and then you see that you done better than you thought (maybe).

maybe that is why adl got caught off guard? - just my opinion