Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 286 15-03-2005 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by vietcong
SO STOP CRYING user added image :p (mainly to mhcannon...user added image )

hey that's not crying... it's whining user added image

I probably wouldn't complain at all except that I commute 60 miles a day.

Most I've paid was on a trip through Canada... price sneaks up you since it's per liter.

But, as B. Clinton said (in low, gravely voice) "I feel you're pain."

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 287 15-03-2005 , 06:23 AM
i pay almost a dollar a liter for gas (canadian)
91 Grade Fuel user added image

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 288 15-03-2005 , 02:46 PM
My Uncle is from Canada, Nr Ontario and he's as mad as a piece of cheese.

Forum. Yourself and the other previous contributors to this project would also be mad to walk away prior to completion, especially after so much good work has gone into it.

I've spent the last hour reading this thread and am devistated that it appears to have moved off track although I understand that we're all busy people and sometimes it's not possible to commit as much time as you'd like.

Hope you get things back online again / start a new project. If I have time to really get into learning how to use Maya then I'll submit something for you to use but you might have to wait a while as I'm 32 years old and once spent a lot of time in dance clubs hence it takes me a bit longer to pick things up ... LOL

Ta

Clegghorn (UK)

# 289 15-03-2005 , 05:33 PM
Subscriber
mhcannon, apparently you're shader from Maya 6.5 is not compatible with my 6.0 program, oh well thanks for the try anyway!

---------PLEASE STOP HIGHJACKING MY THREAD WITH CURRENT PETROLEUM COSTS AROUND THE WORLD! ----------

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 18-03-2005 at 10:20 PM.
# 290 16-03-2005 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber
Okay, swithed to a .ma format for the shader and edited the file to read 6.0. Hope this works. If the shader looks black, be sure to remap the color channel to the asphalt.jpg in the swatches folder.

Attached Files
File Type: zip asphalt.zip (56.1 KB, 154 views)

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 291 16-03-2005 , 08:40 PM

Originally posted by Vectorman
mhcannon, apparently you're shader from Maya 6.5 is not compatible with my 6.0 program, oh well thanks for the try anyway!

---------PLEASE STOP HIGHJACKING MY THREAD WITH CURRENT PETROLEUM COSTS AROUND THE WORLD! ----------

its my thread too user added image

# 292 18-03-2005 , 06:00 AM
Simply Maya OG
Well, if we want to get real technical, its MY thread. I started it. :p Vec, I like it all, but like you said, the asphalt is still abit...wierd. I use(d) the defno asphalt shader. I think it looks pretty good, even tho its black instead of grey.

- Hybrid
# 293 18-03-2005 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
Okay, I was sick of the gas prices talk but yah thats over, anyway, Iybrid what is the "defno" shader? I tried the shader that mhcannon uploaded and its kinda cool, I'm probably gonna use it for the sidewalks after a little tweaking (thanks buddy!). Other then that, I have alot of work to do to get this whole thing looking real good, so I'll try to get some time soon. Love to see some nice posts from anyone else.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 294 18-03-2005 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber

SHADOW TEST

Working on those textures, Mchannon's asphalt fits on my sidewalk nicely, everything looks nive up close.

Next step is coming back and completely redoing those gas pumps, and finally moving on to another section!!

All C&C Welcome

Attached Thumbnails

# 295 18-03-2005 , 11:29 PM
looking good
the sidewalk looks a bit odd though

# 296 19-03-2005 , 02:29 PM
Technical Director
Looking good, but the shadows are too harsh

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 297 19-03-2005 , 04:17 PM
Simply Maya OG
Sorry, typo. Its "denfo". The guy does nothing but shaders. All which are pretty cool if used right. His site is https://denfo.grc.ru. Its not working for me right now....but it may just be my stupid computer. His shaders are also at Highend3d.com. Thats where I found it. Its under 'denfo-Asphalt v0.0' in the shader section.

- Hybrid
# 298 19-03-2005 , 04:41 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys I am working on a Car Creation Tutorial for SM at moment, you may be interested in it

Watch out for it

Cheers
Rob

Heres what it creating although I am adding extra detail as I go along

user added image

# 299 12-05-2005 , 06:03 PM
Simply Maya OG
Aight guys. Good news. Finally got my laptop. Its a 1.6gig, 512mb ram, 17inch screen, 30gig harddrive, CD-RW/DVD ROM, internal wireless LAN. Got Maya loaded on it, so now all I have to do is work on getting my old files back that are on my fried harddrive. Forum, you still in? Or is it just me and Vec?

- Hybrid
# 300 12-05-2005 , 08:18 PM
ill see what i can do