Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-10-2002 , 04:34 AM
The Maya Mountain

Gert Jan Venema's Mountain Bike Challenge!

Hi, guys! I got permission to post some images of this to the general public, and I thought this would be the best place to do it, because this game will be only released in Asia and Europe, and not my native USA. user added image

It's a 2D game, using 3D sprite graphics, very simlar to what was done in Diablo II. Right now, it's looking like either a Q4 2002 release or a Q1 2003 release. I'll be sure to let you all know so you can rush out and grab a copy. It's a cheap game, projecting to sale for something like $20 USD (don't know why the price was given to me in USD since it won't be sold in US.... oh well. You do the math. user added image)

The game is being developed by LaFond Entertainment, based in Florida, USA. Here's a link to their website: www.lafondent.com.

I contracted with them as a Character Artist. I created the bike racer models and textured them with different variants for the different riders. While the game is sponsored by an authentic pro rider, the style that was decided to be used was a cartoony/caricature style.

Anyway, here are a couple pics:

https://www.mtmckinley.net/bikegroup.jpg <--very large
user added image

Some pics of the wireframe, etc can be found at my site. Link in sig.

Thanks! user added image

# 2 10-10-2002 , 06:42 AM
yeah mike, you are a super star. man..

i like the way you textured this. very simple. makes look so much better than smearing and brush it up.

# 3 10-10-2002 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber
the character look is very nice, i like the simple way you textured it giving a very sharp look user added image
great job.

Perhaps some sponsors on the shirt...and who knows when i finished by bike we could get them togetheruser added image

# 4 10-10-2002 , 07:58 PM
Kevin
yep I think a Simply Maya sponsor would fit just right on that shirt user added image

great work mikey as always

# 5 10-10-2002 , 10:39 PM
Supreme Being
cool stuff man.. user added image