Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-02-2005 , 06:45 PM

about texturing

Hello all user added image I would like to know how to take uv of a model

so i can use it in photoshop? Also I kind of lost my

"curves" shelves , how do i get it back? thanks

Last edited by Hanamachi; 19-02-2005 at 06:50 PM.
# 2 19-02-2005 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
First create the UV map (VERY IMPORTANT), then in hypershade with the object selected, select edit-->create PSD texture. Select the layer/channels you want to use. Default save location is the imagesource subfolder of your project folder.

Attached Thumbnails

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 17-06-2005 , 02:09 AM

UV's to PSD

I've done all of this, but I don't get all of those options for the attributes, the only thing that comes up is displacement. What do I need to do to get those options so that I can make my PSD file?

# 4 17-06-2005 , 02:10 AM

Maya to PSD

Here's the image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 17-06-2005 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber
wow, four months to get a response... I didn't even remember posting the screen shot :0

Anyway, I haven't been able to duplicate your proplem yet. Was there a texture or a modified shader already attached to the mesh? That may be over-riding the create to PSD options. If this is the case, just reassign the default shader and try to create the PSD again to see if the options are there.

I'll check back with you in October to see if it worked. user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 17-06-2005 , 06:03 AM

Maya to PSD

LOL! I'm not the same guy, I was searching on the same problem.
I think I already tried using a plain blin shader. My Character is made up of 4 seperate parts, maybe this is causing some problem, I was only trying to do one part at a time though. Maybe if I export into separate files it will work. :headbang:

I hope I won't have to wait until october for more help if I need it. user added image

# 7 17-06-2005 , 06:26 AM

Maya to PSD

Ok, well I separated the peices, and they were also SubD so I converted them back to polygon, and moved the UV for each part in it's own file and own 0-1 space. Now it works! :attn:

# 8 17-06-2005 , 06:34 AM
:headbang: DOH! I had it, now it's gone cause I tried it with SubD again!!!!! :headbang:
Now I can't get it back with poly either!

# 9 17-06-2005 , 06:44 AM

Maya to PSD

I re-did what I did the first time, and now it works again. I really wish I knew why. user added image
Can this only be done with polygons? Or is there some trick to doing Subdivisions?