Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-03-2006 , 07:36 AM
Subscriber

Im about to rip out my hair

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

*bleeds all over desk* ok heres my problem i keep trying to convert my poly's so subD's and these are NOT high poly models in any sense of the word. I'm just converting them so i can see what they'll look like when they are high polly models. So her's what im making, is a B-52 Bomber, and im working on the turbines and im TRYING to make the attachment and no matter what i do wether is be make a new object extrude face/edge etc. it keeps giving a stupid error of having to clean the ****ing thing up, so i do and then i try and convert it and BAM nothing connected anymore and ive got a bunch of floating disks. WHAT GOING ON HELP ME PLEASE IM ABOUT TO THROW MY PC OUT THE WINDOW!

# 2 27-03-2006 , 08:16 AM
Subscriber
nvm i fixed it

# 3 27-03-2006 , 08:17 AM
Not sure this will help, but it is something I have found to help when you get a major problem that will just not go away . . . . .

I export the geometry, then open up a completely new file and import the geometry into it and try whatever it was I was trying to accomplish.

I do coding a lot and another thing that helps me when I get frustrated with something is say to hell with it and find something else to do for a while, and eventually I get a new idea on how to tackle the problem and go back and try it. When you get frustrated with a particular problem, it is hard to think of ways to solve it, but if you give yourself time to mull over it, eventually the solution will come. . . user added image

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche