Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 07-11-2007 , 10:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Just a quick question to make sure .....

I have entered this competition with the idea of the Alice in Wonderland white rabbit playing golf.

I'm assuming a rabbit falls in the category "character" - agree ?

# 32 07-11-2007 , 10:35 PM
Id presume u can do a animal as a character - as mike said for an example, hamster olympics - and im planing on modelling a rhino 4 my character so it should b ok. user added image

# 33 08-11-2007 , 12:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah that's fine. looking forward to it!

# 34 08-11-2007 , 09:11 AM
hey i had an idea of doing like a sport televised on like a 3d television set and people and like a ball coming out of the tv into a guys lounge room would this be ok

# 35 08-11-2007 , 07:37 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure, if you do the work that's seen on the tv and not use an image from some place else

# 36 09-11-2007 , 04:36 AM
thanks heaps

# 37 29-11-2007 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
I haven't been here in months, but now I'm back (for those that even might have the smallest idea who I am). I think I'll try something out for this... this is my first challenge, and I have needed a project to do for a while now. I'm thinking I'll do something like underwater archery (though that is subject to change), with some sort of special targets. I'd still consider myself somewhat of a beginner, but I'll give this a try (though I might be busy over the next 3-4 weeks).

TheFourRiders

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 38 29-11-2007 , 12:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
looking forward to it!

# 39 05-12-2007 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
ok - kool i think i will give it a go i always have problems coming up with ideas so this will help me! i think mines gonna be go-kart themed... its motor sports after all!

# 40 15-12-2007 , 08:53 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
OK this is going to seem really stupid... but i thought i might ask anyway :blush:

Could my entry possible be based on a Board Game???

I'm not going to model the actual board, but rather bring the Concept of the Board game to life in a "Real" sport.

Such as the board game 'Battle Ships'...... user added image

Let me know!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 41 15-12-2007 , 09:30 AM
The Maya Mountain
I suppose that could be ok. Just depends on what it is, I suppose. user added image

# 42 15-12-2007 , 10:19 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hmmm, thinking about it. It's not going to be such a great idea, and plus it would barely fit within the guide lines.

I'll try and think of something.

What about Futuristic Fooseball?

Two guys duking it out, with a futuristic Fooseball table.

Would you except Fooseball as a sport?

Thanks for the reply. user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 43 15-12-2007 , 10:35 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure, that's fine. I think it'd be cool to see it from the fooseball player's perspective! user added image

# 44 30-01-2008 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Hello Mike

I am sorry I am a bit late on asking advice. I wanted to create a egg beating contest theme. I know it does not exist but where I use to work in some hotel some years a go in the kitchen we use to play and kind of compete with each-other who would beat them the faster so they stay still and don't fall when You flip the pan upside down. Do You think that is a good idea I have allready started making some character and the enviroment for it and now I am working on the textures and some lightning. Do You think That can qualify for the challange? I hope it does. I am puting my heart on this one and spend to many hours allready.

Thanks

# 45 05-02-2008 , 07:29 PM
Aww, I hope we see some entries soon. user added image