Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 106 24-04-2009 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
excellent work!
the whole model looks great, highly detailed and like it belongs on the ship. Can't give you much more praise than that.

View my Portfolio at
https://whyte.cgsociety.org
# 107 24-04-2009 , 01:39 PM
Thanks Arran and Whyte!

I'm nearly done with the modeling, (hopefully, just keep finding bits I need to add!) and should be starting the UV layouts and texturing at the start of next week, for now here's a link to my latest update, I still need to smoothen out some of the edges here and there but it's not far off being done!

Big Mother Grubber

# 108 24-04-2009 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
That is 1 intimidating mother....ship. user added image

Good job seems to be progressing really well user added image

# 109 27-04-2009 , 08:44 PM
Thanks bigtommyB!

Have made a start on the UV layout and texturing today, blocking out some colors on the large top engine, not a lot of detail gone into it yet but only at the beginning of this section so hopefully some good textures to come soon!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dango77; 27-04-2009 at 08:51 PM.
# 110 27-04-2009 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber
very nice start - looks like you beet me to the start of the uv`s but then I have gotten my background done - hehe

# 111 27-04-2009 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
Looking very nice!! You are a little ahead of the game as you will have time to work with it. Looking forward to more!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 112 27-04-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
wow

that looks awesome! are there strips on the front of the engine on purpose or did you accidentally keep hard edges?

man.... i turn away from my screen for a few seconds and i have four new emails (after having no new emails) and three of them are for this thread user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 113 27-04-2009 , 09:23 PM
Tweetytunes, thanks, this is going to be my first real attempt at doing the whole Uv and texturing properly, I didn't have a clue what I was doing during the last comp! Hopefully it'll turn out ok!

Tom, thanks to you too, I'm looking forward to doing more! And it's fun to be painting the textures and actually knowing what I'm doing!

Chirone, and a thankyou to you as well, I did mean to leave the hard edges on that curved part, there'll be some more texture over the top of it and if it works should look ok, if not the old soften edges will be utilized!

More to come soon, painting is so much fun, finally getting some real use out of my graphics tablet!

# 114 27-04-2009 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
i personally think those hard edges look really cool on the front already haha i would keep them. But really good work should really be spending more time on mine lol

# 115 27-04-2009 , 11:57 PM
Thanks again bigtommyB, I've done a bit more, not 100% on this version yet, haven't done the main body (I only have it planned in my mind) so just trying to work out what will look right with what, lot's of decisions to make yet!

Attached Thumbnails
# 116 28-04-2009 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber
Nice work Dango, look for to where it will go!!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 117 30-04-2009 , 06:17 AM
Have got all the UV's laid out for everything now and have started the main body, only given it a bit of a base coat so far, separating colors out etc. The UV's weren't bad at all, think I've finally got the hang of it!
This is going to change a lot over the next couple of weeks, the green will be quite a bit darker for one, I've spent a while making decisions and now got a lot of detailing planned out so hopefully it should all work out and look pretty good by the end!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dango77; 30-04-2009 at 06:19 AM.
# 118 30-04-2009 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
whoa, wow, very bright!

it reminds me of teenage mutant ninja turtles

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 119 30-04-2009 , 08:00 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
whoa, wow, very bright!

it reminds me of teenage mutant ninja turtles

Ha ha ha, but it's a whole shell, lol!

I Probably shouldn't have posted that last picture so quickly, as I said, it was just a base coat, I've darkened it a bit now anyway, and with a lot more painting to do it will look very different by the time it's finished.

Here's the slightly darkened copy of it, a bit more like how it will look....

Attached Thumbnails
# 120 30-04-2009 , 11:49 AM
The Nurb Herd
Thunderbirds are GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!