Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-03-2004 , 12:38 PM

My first posted work!!!

Hey everyone... I'm still new to this place but I got something good for ya! I'm still kinda new to Maya, and I'd like to mention that this wasn't made in just Maya... The platforms were created in maya, however I couldn't figure out how to make an envirosphere work the way I wanted it to, so I brought the platforms into Bryce to make the sky and water. The woman was imported through photoshop along with some touch ups with the lighting. I know this place is for Maya but I feel that art is about the manifestation of the vision, how it's created is irrelevant so long as it's accuratly potrayed. (Probably some miss-spelled words in there, spelling never was my strong point!) ^_^ I call it "Ruins Of Paradise" Hope you like it!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-03-2004 , 01:29 PM
Subscriber
Ahh...good ole' Bryce... user added image

nice... I like it

-Emo

# 3 05-03-2004 , 06:21 PM
I'm lovin' it

The pink-to-blue transition on the water is fabulous. It adds a very etherial element to the peice. The one crit I have is that the shading on your platforms seems to have some very weird refractions or reflections (can't tell which). If it's refractions maybe turn down the refractive index a bit, or up the AA. Or both. Dunno much about bryce's renderer.

Keep it up!

# 4 05-03-2004 , 06:38 PM

Thanks

Thanks! What I think you mean is the odd glow coming off the front platform's "spires" I altered those in photoshop to give it more of a glow. If it's with the chick... I delibratly made her lower body a bit transparent. I just liked it better that way ^_^. Anyway thanks for the compliments!

# 5 05-03-2004 , 07:13 PM
Very Nice Mood user added image

# 6 05-03-2004 , 11:38 PM
Nice work!

-------------------------------------------
# 7 06-03-2004 , 05:30 AM
Subscriber
intresting matirial on the platfrom peaces. Your use of fog or optical fx is confusing your compition though. Kinda looks like the highlights on the water are blures sideways. It might make it more intresting to see it with out that.