Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-12-2007 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber

problem with sprites

im looking at a tut on sprites.., and when laying a texture onto the lambert.., onto the sprite.., the texture on the sprite (in the view port) looks slightly transparent. It seems an inherent thing with sprites.., add a graphic texture and it looks dull compared with the actual 64 by 64 texture i made in PS.

in the tut the guy goes to some colour RGB sliders and multplies the colour with that.., as well as there is an opacity value in the 'render these attributes' button in the particle shape attributes.., well all that IS bute.., except that this guy has an earlier version of maya and 2008.., well i cant find these atributes at all in 2008.., and thats all i use now.., so

does ayone know//. first, what im talking about and is not totally confused by my attempt at explanation

and second.., if you do understand.., can you tell me how to bring my sprite graphic to full colour and/or where these attributes live now in the maya enviroment

Muser added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 07-12-2007 at 01:31 AM.
# 2 07-12-2007 , 01:34 AM
Subscriber
this might make things clearer (excuse the pun) user added image

btw, how do i use the quote button.., im gettting people quote me and i cant quote back??

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 07-12-2007 , 02:44 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by mirek03

btw, how do i use the quote button.., im gettting people quote me and i cant quote back??

Hmm, that sucks!!!

Select your Object and open the attribute editor, click on the Color Channel arrow which should take you to your image, then scroll down, and click on the Arrow nest to "Color Balance" this will open the drop down menu, which allows you to edit your Images Color, transparency, Alpha offset, Color Grain... the works!

That should be what your looking for.

As for Quoting people just click on the "Quote" button on the bottom of their post, it will do the rest for you.

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 07-12-2007 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
dont know mate.., im watching a tut about 3D sets.. so i cant check., but im not dealing with 'objects' just sprites at this stage, so im not sure if it works the same.., the colour attributes window that opens with shaders.., with,

colour
transparency
incandesance

ect

in the AE.., no, it wont work from there.., i have tried, the sliders have no effect on sprites there.., i think there is a level of cotrol where you mean.., at colour balance, but i dont think thats what im loooking for.., ill have to watch it again.., seems the attribues have changed a lot over the last few versions of maya

user added image

user added image

# 5 07-12-2007 , 04:23 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
No, not under your sharers AE, but under your images AE.

Your image is your sprite and it will edit the image.... i've tried it myself.

Maybe were not on the same page or something.

Let me know when you figure it out, as i would like to know what method he's using.

Have fun!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 07-12-2007 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
that sounds right.., we're on the same page now user added image

Ill let yu know

Muser added image