Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-11-2010 , 04:33 PM
Acid44

Anyone have experience with AM.exe/Action Monitor virus?

I had the virus, removed it with AVG, which screwed up a few things, so I tried removing it manually, but it seems it's the virus itself that screws with things when it's removed.

I was kinda hoping I had a month or 2 before I had to format this thing and put 7 on it. I really need the time to get an external HD so I can back up my work... So any, and I mean ANY, help is appreciated

This is copied from a post I made somewhere else.

Deletion of this file seems to have screwed up a few things that it was latched on to though.

Task manager won't start by right clicking the taskbar anymore, which is how I usually open it. It says

"C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe

Application not found"

Along with this, I can't open Opera, Windows Live Messenger, or pretty much any other application without right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Little side note, CTRL+Shift+ESC works for task manager, as does CTRL+ALT+Delete and then clicking the option, just not right clicking the taskbar

Last edited by Acid44; 23-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.
# 2 23-11-2010 , 04:48 PM
Lifetime Member
it probably infected a system file that was deleted

try booting to windows cd, go thru install process and at proper screen select a repair.
It should install necessary system files again, leaving all your personal files alone.
you'll also have to go back for a windows update as the original install files are old.

# 3 23-11-2010 , 05:22 PM
Acid44
Thanks for the quick reply man, I'll try it out when I get home from school user added image

# 4 02-12-2010 , 07:15 PM
Lifetime Member
curious if you were able to resolve this issue ?