Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-01-2005 , 02:51 PM

Warning: displaying only the first 1024 rows....

Hi!
When I select part of my model I get this error message: "warning: displaying only the first 1024 rows of a total of 2567" or something or other. Anybody know what that means and what I can do about it?

Also, as soon as I use Hypershade the program (i.e. 6.0 Unlimited) runs like crap. I have to restart every 15 or so minutes and even simple things such as selecting a single face sometimes takes 5 seconds... What's wrong?

Before anyone asks: I have a 3.2 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM and a 128 MB Radeon 9600XT. Shouldn't be a problem I'd say...

Thx!

# 2 11-01-2005 , 12:25 AM
As for the first problem, I believe this actually has to do with the physical limitation of the vertex processor on your GPU....don't qoute me.

"Vertex shaders up to 1024 instructions with flow control"

straight from ati's website.

As for program performance.....check what's running during your Maya adventures....and maybe tweak some of the program options....you definitely have a decent rig.....so I would look there first

# 3 11-01-2005 , 10:50 PM
When will ATI learn to go with nVidia's infinite-length vertex/pixel shader system? :b

... don't go and buy a Quadro FX 4000/4400 for that -- I think its entirely a different issue you're having.

# 4 17-01-2005 , 08:51 AM
Thanks for the input, guys...
So there's really not much I can do then, apart from buying a new GPU, is there?
It doesn't seem to be a real problem though anyway, so I think I'll just pretend the error message isn't there and then maybe it'll go away... user added image
Thx!