Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-06-2006 , 05:09 PM

Haunted house tut completed

Hi All,

New to this forum so be gentle, i just finished the haunted house tut from this site and i thought it was a very good beginners tutorial and first step in to the complex world of maya. im a 3dstudio Max person and am looking to learn maya to.

anyway here is my final image, thought i had to post it condsidering how oftern Kurt mentioned how he love to see them in the tutorial.

thx all user added image

https://www.innerrealm.co.uk/HH_final.jpg

# 2 20-06-2006 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber
it is rather spooky. i think if you add a shadow (or two) of a ghost on the walls and roof it'll really add some...ummm...spookyness.

are you considering doing the texturing?
one more thing. i do believe your in the wrong part of the forum. post it in the finished work section here . but its okay, since your new here.

cheers user added image

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!

Last edited by 13th_resident; 20-06-2006 at 05:28 PM.
# 3 20-06-2006 , 05:41 PM
Dude make that ground layer a nice dark green and get those trees textured out brown, it would add a lot to the scene. It looks good though. I really like the Moon. Good work man.

# 4 20-06-2006 , 09:15 PM
well its nothing special i just wanted to share my tutorial final image with the community. i doubt whether i will do anything more, it was a learning exercise..and i want to learn and do more maya tutorials, rather than spend more time making this look better.

thx all

user added image

Last edited by paulw; 20-06-2006 at 09:18 PM.
# 5 20-06-2006 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
i have to say I think it is very good ..especially when you are switching over and trying to learn maya ... congrats on working with this and the first model . i really like it .... looks good ..i think it is spooky and i like it alot