Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 04-09-2006 , 05:58 PM
Banned

UV problem - texture placement is wrong.

Hey. I need to texture a pant, and I have used Cylindrical mapping for fixing the UV's the way I want them to be. The problem is when I add a texture, the placement seem to be wrong and are not following the UV's. You can see the problem on the images.

user added image

user added image

user added image

How can I fix it so the blue colour (or the checker) gets where the UV's is?

I appreciate any help.

# 2 06-09-2006 , 03:43 PM
Banned
Fixed the problem today. The UV-sets were messed up. Simple ^^

# 3 06-09-2006 , 11:05 PM
I don't get it. I looked at the problem you were having and it made no sense to me. I even tried to reproduce the problem on my computer but could not.

I admit that I don't know a lot about UV sets but I thought that a UV could only exist in one set at a time. So, even if you took the pants and selected a group of UVs and put them in their own UV set, you couldn't also put them in another UV set at the same time... ?

You said there was something wrong with the UV Sets. What was wrong?

# 4 07-09-2006 , 07:13 AM
Banned
Hey. Well, after two days, I found out that each time when I mapped this pant into new UV-Set, the UV's were not working. Finally, I tried to map it by checking off the "Map into new UV set" thing, so it got directly to map1, and it worked.

When I mapped the textures into for exmaple "PantTexture", and attached a shader with texture, the texture was still on "map1", even though I had activated "PantTexture" UV's. As you can see in the pictures above, The UV's are from set "PantTexture" are shown in the UV texture Window, and the texture in the background are texturing "map1".

As i have little-to-nothing experience with texturing, I don't know why this happened.

Thank you for trying to help me =).

(Here's the character after a little texturing, now I'm off to build some skeleton on him)
user added image