Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 76 12-07-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Heh, yea its looking really good! You have to think of one thing though.. for example... traiven3d has a very nice body so far on his mesh and could make it through with the complete model at the end of the month. I suggest that tweek doesn't stop modelling before the end of the tournament and once your done the box, you should start on tweaking the bears body shape. I love the head, but you could do little things like merge the frankenstein screws onto the head so it looks like a smooth transaction, same for the wings, maybe work on the wings themselfs and then do things like get anatomy pictures of a bear and work on the shape. Theres always something you can do to make a model better user added image. Really looking nice though tweek.. dont get me wrong.. the biggest thing i see is that your body of your bear is a bit brick like user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 77 12-07-2003 , 01:47 AM
thanls M....actually i want be able to model for the next week or so since i am moving....nut after i am back i will keep on modeling....
and what exactly do you mean by "brick like"?

- TwEeK
# 78 12-07-2003 , 05:09 AM
Subscriber
Well most bricks are like a rectangle.. i feel like the body of your bear shares that characteristic. It could just be a little more rounded out user added image. Other than that though like i said.. its looking great.

# 79 12-07-2003 , 02:54 PM
heh...welll thats because his father was a bear, and his mother was a brick... :p J/K

well i finished the controlling device and started tweaking the body..
any suggestions

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 80 12-07-2003 , 02:56 PM
and a different view.............

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 81 12-07-2003 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
Body is looking amazing now! I think that box would be cool if you placed it either on its backleg or under its belly inbetween the front and back leg.. somewhere where it wouldnt get into his way if he was in combat user added image. Looking good though, still not sure about the wings. You have to animate that though.... it trying to fly... hahaha.

# 82 12-07-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
looking good.. i think the place is right
just add loads of straps now to hold it all.

# 83 12-07-2003 , 05:34 PM
love the chain :O

sleep is for lam3rs
# 84 12-07-2003 , 06:25 PM
thanks M,Wiz and al

here is the box under its belly....what do you think?

Attached Thumbnails

- TwEeK
# 85 12-07-2003 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
I think thats quite nice.. just because its not like its pertruding out of its side... the one other thing that i thought you could do.. is like rip out a chunk out of the side of its body.. and yea.. then fit it in there.. kinda like it was surgically implanted. Im not sure though. Thats looking sweet where it is, it makes sence. You could make it more visible though and move it over to one of the two sides a bit more, not dead smack in the middle. I really like it so far!

# 86 12-07-2003 , 09:37 PM
thanks M....i might do it

K ...im packing my computer now...so this is my last post.....see you all in about a week or so....

- TwEeK
# 87 13-07-2003 , 07:15 AM
dunno if you've thought about it at all, but i think trying your luck at the fur effects Maya has to offer could add a lot of realism to the model. it's looking excellent overall, though, good job!

Car-maker.
Check out my releases for RACER.
see the WWW button
# 88 20-07-2003 , 07:23 AM
Subscriber
the modeling of the body is really well done, congratulations !!!
Only the controling device isnt so nice, i think that it dont matches the style of ur pet, u should try to think in something diferent, but that is just me

# 89 27-07-2003 , 10:33 AM
thanks for the commets....
i just got my internet up and running..but i havent had any time to work on the model...
ill try and funish it by the end of the month

- TwEeK
# 90 27-07-2003 , 02:42 PM
Subscriber
Welcome to haifa =)