Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-11-2003 , 09:45 PM
user title spammer

Presentation Software (Viewpoint, turntool)

Hi!

I need a software for nice presentations like fly / walk - through, little animations and all that in a realtime render environment ...

i did a lot of search and found two interesting pieces, viewpoint and turntool.

turntool is only for 3dsmax, but thats no problem - a bigger problem is rather the 4000 EUR they want.

then, viewpoint, got that viewpoint scene builder, not quite handy but ok ... still there is no good exporter from maya to viewpoint (there is one for maya 3 and 4 ... lol, why the hell do i have 5 user added image )...

do you know a good way to export from maya to viewpoint (with all textures, cameras and lights included) ?

what other presentation software can you recommend ?

thanks for any help

Train / ulrich

# 2 14-11-2003 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
Spontaneously, I'd think about doing this in a modern game engine, like the Unreal engine. It supports static mesh imports from maya and is probably alot cheaper. May not fit your bill, but I'd investigate before discarding.

My 2 cents.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 15-11-2003 , 08:09 AM
Why not use the shockwave exporter then program a little shockwave walkthru?

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 15-11-2003 , 09:49 AM
user title spammer
could you tell me more about that shockwave exporter? or give me a few links?

gameengine is interesting too, but yet too much work ... it needs to be fast ...

---- ok now i looked around a bit. shockwave seems to be quite interesting, but i read something about this "Maya RTA" ... but cant find anything about it at the alias website nor other way of downloading it ...

do you know anything about it?

Last edited by train_ucl; 15-11-2003 at 10:26 AM.