Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 21-11-2003 , 07:10 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Darkware
I think the price is fine for what you will be getting. You can count me in. Have you thought about hooking up with those companies that hand out magazine offers to school kids who then turn around to sell them to everyone under the sun? That would be a good way to get your magazine out to the public and let them know about it. Also, I would be willing to place an advertisement on Darkware3d.com if you want. Not that many people go there, but hey you might get some customers. Basically though, if you're wanting to sell 5,000 copies, you seriously need to figure out a way to advertise or something.

thx mate - also some good ideas there..

At this stage we are still planning what would be involved and getting average costs of such a project. I see the rep tomorrow as we are meeting for dinner.

So I will know more then.

What is good for us is the fact that we have a large userbase.. sure people come and go but we have a good mailing list that hits around 25,000 people.

Plus simplyphotoshop goes up now so that userbase I image will grow fairly quick.

I know other areas need to be looked at but we are at a good start - plus we wont have a time limit to start, I would like to say every 3 months but if it takes 4 months to meet our costs then this will be the way forward.

I am passed the time of huge bank loans to cover projects, hell I am just clearing of loans from a few bad decisions I made a few years ago... but I really do think that this is a great idea and one that I am going to push forward

# 32 21-11-2003 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
I think £4 is fine. Half the mags i buy of the shelf are 50% adverts anyway and they're around £6 each.

# 33 21-11-2003 , 07:25 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by ckyuk
I think £4 is fine. Half the mags i buy of the shelf are 50% adverts anyway and they're around £6 each.

amen to that! user added image

# 34 21-11-2003 , 07:53 PM

Originally posted by Kevin

I am passed the time of huge bank loans to cover projects, hell I am just clearing of loans from a few bad decisions I made a few years ago... but I really do think that this is a great idea and one that I am going to push forward

Haha, me too. It was called Marriage.

# 35 21-11-2003 , 07:58 PM
Marriage is great!!!!!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 36 21-11-2003 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
Yes and if you do it very carefully you still have £4 left over for the new SM magazine LOL.

Seems a fair price to me, as cyuk says a lot of magazines are around that much if not more anyway. And as it will include PS things as well as Maya things etc it seems pitched at the right price imho as you are getting more art per pound. I think anyone who has paid for a tutorial from here will know you aim for value for money and deliver that.

# 37 21-11-2003 , 08:20 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by RickStefani
Haha, me too. It was called Marriage.

yeah and that user added image

she just had to have the best dress in the shop!

# 38 21-11-2003 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber
Yes and have you noticed that once a small child is on the way she wants prams to match everything she owns? I wish my wife was colour blind 8).

# 39 21-11-2003 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
Yes! Please! Hallo! Want one! user added image

You can count me in.

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 40 21-11-2003 , 08:50 PM
I am not sure you want a wife. It costed me a lot more than I will ever know to get rid of her. Haha. I did not believe in dirource when I got Married. There were some happy times. I have pictures. user added image Haha,

I had no Idea that a dress you would wear for one day would be that expensive. We rent out Tuxxes, why cann't they rent their dress???? I am a man and will never understand that huge damb vacum sealed box that was luigged everywhere we moved that contained a dress that was worn one day that cost more than my computer.

Last edited by RickStefani; 21-11-2003 at 08:53 PM.
# 41 21-11-2003 , 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Kurt
KB i have the cover, you can be the center fold though muhahahahahahaha

Hehe, that's fine too. More room for my hippie hair user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 42 21-11-2003 , 09:56 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by RickStefani
I am not sure you want a wife. It costed me a lot more than I will ever know to get rid of her. Haha. I did not believe in dirource when I got Married. There were some happy times. I have pictures. user added image Haha,

I had no Idea that a dress you would wear for one day would be that expensive. We rent out Tuxxes, why cann't they rent their dress???? I am a man and will never understand that huge damb vacum sealed box that was luigged everywhere we moved that contained a dress that was worn one day that cost more than my computer.

LOL yes I went to a shop and got the trousers - shirt and tie - then as soon as the wedding was done I took them back saying they were a gift and didnt fit and got my money back

My mrs has worn the dress once, and now it sits in the attic with the mice !

go figure LOL

still I guess its all part of life

# 43 21-11-2003 , 10:41 PM
4? What is that in US dollars?

If i can afford it, im in. Im thinking your going to run outa coppies. 5000 wont be enough.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 44 21-11-2003 , 11:19 PM
Could you image what would happen to you if you used logic and said that I will not let you spend that kind of money on a dress you wear once. It would be like trying to stop a train by jumping in front of it with your arm out. Not smart no matter how you look at it. Just have to let it go.

I really do think if you do a good CG mag you will get a lot of support and sales. Like every investment, it might take one or two publications before a lot of stores will carry it though.

# 45 22-11-2003 , 12:05 AM
The Maya Mountain
UG, gonna be about $6 or 7 US.