Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-05-2011 , 11:04 AM
Lifetime Member

Clearer instruction required in Tutorials please

Hi,

I have recently bought the lifetime package as I will be doing a lot of Maya work in the near future.

I have downloaded a few relevant tutorials and I have a few small comments.

The tutors are excellent and very information but, they tend to be a bit vague on some of the instruction, or they tend to take it for granted that we know the shortcuts they aer using?

For example, the Eye tutorial, I have to constantly rewind to see what the tutor does, as he tends to do things without saying, like:

The trainers interface is slightly different and it would be good to have this explained?

Selecting every other edge, it took a while to realize you hold down the shift key as you select, as it was not mentioned.

The trainer suddenly added edge loops without explaining how they did it, or where to find the edge loop tool.
(I'm using Maya 2012 and still cannot find it)

Are there prerequisite tutorials that I should be viewing before watching these?

# 2 15-05-2011 , 11:18 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Hi,

The trainers interface is slightly different and it would be good to have this explained?

To be fair, this would be tricky, since the tutorial will have been made before maya 2012 existed. They can't exactly say "In two years time this button will definitely be blue and over there instead of here.

But I don't think you should be trying to create a realistic eye before knowing the very basics. Something like being told to hold shift would be really annoying for everyone else.