Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-05-2005 , 08:53 PM

Maya to 3DSmax

Hey, I'm helping some ppl make graphics, and they are using 3Dsmax and I'm using Maya :bow:
so i was wondering if any of you know how to export the maya objects (BTW, i'm using polygons only) from maya to smax. I would prefer if you could export the textures too, i heard 3dsmax has UV layout too, so that should be compatible... thanx!! :attn:

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 25-05-2005 , 02:07 AM
you can export to .OBJ and max can easily open it.

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !
# 3 25-05-2005 , 06:15 PM
sweet, but how do yo do that? ...so you don't need any other program right??

:headbang: <- lol :lol:

--Albert Einstein
# 4 25-05-2005 , 06:18 PM
You can also use the FBX format to transfer data between the two programs. FBX will retain object names, quads on your meshes, UVs, and object scale. You can get the FBX plugin for Maya from Alias's website. 3ds max has FBX support built-in.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 25-05-2005 , 08:53 PM
ok, so i logged in to Alias.com and when i click download for the Maya 6.0 windows plugin, it sais:

We're Sorry...

Error - Link not found

The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

We have recently made some changes to our website. Some links may have changed.
Please return to our new Homepage to find the page you were looking for and update any bookmarks

If you wish to report this missing link, please fill out our web feedback form.
Please do not use this form to submit technical support questions relating to our products and services. They will not be answered. Instead, please check the Contact Page to locate the appropriate forum.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

--Albert Einstein
# 6 26-05-2005 , 04:26 AM
em, you can export choosing file>export and selecting the options, there you choose OBJ exporter, but you must make shure that your .obj exporter is turned on in plugin manager.

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !