Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-01-2003 , 01:29 AM

cloth hat

Hi, im new to the page here and this seems to be one of the most informational sites for maya that ive seen. I thank you for that

Im new to cloth and still learning much about maya. Right now im able to make a cloth shirt ok, but im having trouble creating a hat. Either a Indiana Jones kind of hat or a baseball hat. If anyone has any tutorials on this or can just write a few tips that would be great.

# 2 08-01-2003 , 01:36 AM
Model the hat in polys than just turn turn it into a cloth object. Will you really need to make it cloth? It might be easier to just make the tips of the poly or nurbs hat a softbody.

Good luck

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 08-01-2003 , 04:05 AM
It doesn't have to be cloth I just decided that I should start to learn atleast the basics of cloth. And i completly over looked softbodies, i think ill ttry that way thanks for the info.