Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-10-2008 , 10:52 PM

wine glass

hey me again, still working on my kitchen WIP slowly ( https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...hlight=kitchen )

But somthing has totally stumped me i carnt get this wine glass to work for me, although im suprised how far iv actualy made it work anyway, but it has some big problems.

on the image below i have 3 wine glasses the one on the left doesnt have any thinkness and is just a revolved 2d curve as all of them has come from but the others have thinkness. ok i made a mess of that explaination i will put up another image in a moment, buut my problem is that because the 2 on the arnt made from acurate curves and have diffent thinkness of glass in differnt areas it gives them rings where the thickness changes which i dont want, and the one that is made from no thinknes the inside of it does not show up as the glass texture.

please help in anyway, if you know a good tutorial for wine glaasses that would be good to.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-10-2008 , 11:12 PM
this is the curve of one of the thicker glasses on the left. i mean thinker becasue it has to layers of curve as u can see here. the other wine glass that does not show the inside is just a single curve that does not go back on it self.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 14-10-2008 , 11:49 PM
You shouldn't close the curve, but finish it on the grid. something like that:

Attached Images

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 4 15-10-2008 , 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
The thing about reflective and refractive surfaces is that they don't look good unless they have some kind of environment for them to reflect/refract. As Benny illustrated, your glass isn't built correctly. So now I'm just going to pump out the questions user added image Is there supposed to be something in the glass or is that decorative trimming? What shader and renderer are you using? What are your raytrace render settings like? I ask because the gray areas are confusing me.

- Genny