Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-04-2009 , 11:10 AM

camera tracking

I have a camera which is attached to a locator on a control curve with a motion path. Is there any way to have the camera so it will stay focused on a poly object as it moves along the curve or do I need to set up key frames in order to do this.

Any help is much appreciated
Many thanks,

Leon

# 2 09-04-2009 , 02:00 PM
The Nurb Herd
aww... i thought this would be about camera tracking user added image

...you could try parenting/grouping the locator to the object... dunno really, what have you tried?

# 3 10-04-2009 , 12:49 AM
you need one of two things -
1) a 'camera and aim' (or 'camera, aim, and up') type of camera. I believe these can be created through the normal dialogue. One nice thing about them is that they also automatically focus the camera at the designated point. You would then have to parent the aim to the object, but that's not so bad.

2) create an aim constraint for the camera to point at. While similar, this is not identical to the above option (I don't think it includes the autofocus bit). And if you're not careful, you can have issues with which way the system thinks is 'up'. However, its fairly trivial to set up, so.... Just add the aim constraint between them like any other two objects

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 4 10-04-2009 , 10:22 AM
Cheers Xander-0 that is exactly what I needed to know and got everything working perfect now.

Thanks again,

Leon

# 5 10-04-2009 , 10:54 AM
The Nurb Herd

Originally posted by Xander-0
you need one of two things -
1) a 'camera and aim' (or 'camera, aim, and up') type of camera. I believe these can be created through the normal dialogue. One nice thing about them is that they also automatically focus the camera at the designated point. You would then have to parent the aim to the object, but that's not so bad.

2) create an aim constraint for the camera to point at. While similar, this is not identical to the above option (I don't think it includes the autofocus bit). And if you're not careful, you can have issues with which way the system thinks is 'up'. However, its fairly trivial to set up, so.... Just add the aim constraint between them like any other two objects

isn't this just what i said? ...but i guess not as clear. user added image