Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-08-2003 , 03:18 AM

Another question

I am wanting to assign a tecture to a wall. The problem I am having is that the texture is far too large when applied to the wall. Or the wall is way too small. How can I 'size' the texture so that it fits correctly to scale on the wall. I am using a cement texture
Thanks

# 2 01-08-2003 , 04:27 AM
Go into your attribute editor for your texture, and you should see a place2dtexture1 node or something like it. open that tab and you can change the coverage and repeat uv settings to manipulate it. It also has a special manipulator, but I dont know how to access it.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 01-08-2003 , 05:05 AM
I cant see where you are pointing too. Sorry. The scaling is a real painuser added image

# 4 01-08-2003 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
if u select the wall, hit ctrl A to open the attribute editor, there you should see some tabs at the top, one of the tabs is a 2d/3d placement node, click on that tab and in there you can change the size of the texture

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com