Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-08-2003 , 02:25 AM

ARGH!! lol

omg Im going nuts here lol

Ive got my scene all completed....... a lil boat sailing over a wavey ocean with mountains on horizon.......its from Maya Fundamentals 4.5....... and I started rendering it...... while it was rendering I decided to look at the Tiffs already written and saved....
The view I should be getting, looking out of the camera over bow of boat is not what is rendring...... its rendering a view looking down over boat from a good distance and I have no idea why. I selected the camera on the boat in render globals but it doesnt seem to be using that. Also... when I select that camera and make my view to look through selected... its aimed wrong...... except I cant rotate it or anything,..... I select the rings when using the rotate tool and nothing rotates... I tried to enter numbers in the Channel box but it says the rotate fields are locked...... I looked and right clicked on rotate X and chose unlock and it still doesnt rotate...... Im so lost and aggravated.. user added image
what am I doing wrong?

Im going to attach my scene file even tho I dont know if its needed to answer my question.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. user added image

Attached Files
File Type: mb ch4oceanscene.jp007.0001.mb (253.4 KB, 218 views)
# 2 04-08-2003 , 02:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
I can't view the file at the moment, but are any cameras labeled "renderable"?

# 3 04-08-2003 , 02:33 AM
umm Im not sure, should they be and how would I find out? hehe

# 4 04-08-2003 , 02:36 AM
I think I figured how to rotate camera... it was attached to a "locator" (I think thats what it was called") so I was able to rotate that and it rotated the cam. Im not really sure how the cam stopped pointing where I had it aimed to begin with. I guess I moved something and didnt realize it would change cam angle.
Im looking to see its renderable now still

# 5 04-08-2003 , 02:37 AM
oh in my render globals..... it shows "BoatCamera" and next to it in parenthesis it says "renderable". Is this what ya meant Mike?

# 6 04-08-2003 , 02:41 AM

heres the view

this is what the rendering is doing. The view should be over bow of boat.

Attached Images
# 7 04-08-2003 , 03:12 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, you'll want to get rid of the renderable camera and/or change it's attributes to no longer be set to renderable.

# 8 04-08-2003 , 03:25 AM
Thank you Mike. user added image I will go figure out how to do that user added image