Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-09-2004 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber

Return of the Livin'Dead

I have a project of a small medieval short that I want to make eventualy and this is why I learned Maya. Right now, I am still at the 'exploration' phase. trying to learn every part of the production process, it's a 1-2 year project so dont expect to see it until a while...

Anyways, here is the first actor: M. ghoul! Made with the Organic modeling tutorial 2, I added a blin material, made a skin in PS and a very basic bump map. I still need to add another bump map/texture level for all the scars & blood. Let say this is the G rated version :-)

I am currently working on binding/weight painting job. On the pic, it has a zombi pose but once I am done with it, its going to be a fast moving/agile monster. Biggest problem so far is with the deformation of the model when I rotate the joins.

Also, the hands/feet need a lot of tweaking but I got bored and moved to something else.

Here is a pic:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2004 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
will remember your name cause Im excually allready qurious for your short... I like the first char...allthought it's nothing new under the sun to use it in your short I think...but that doesn't have to matter user added image
keep it up!