Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-09-2005 , 06:38 PM

Little Village

I started a to make a little village to polish my scene-making skills. I'm not too good yet, but this is what I have so far. I hope you all like it.

Attached Thumbnails

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.

Last edited by Shadeblade; 27-09-2005 at 07:02 PM.
# 2 27-09-2005 , 07:10 PM
This is a nice looking place to live. I could see a fire pit in the middle of it all. You know, a place for the natives to run around and do a rain dance. Or cook up some fresh Buffalo.

# 3 28-09-2005 , 05:42 PM
you have to work very much on the textures. Looks like you didnt lay out the UV's.

for example on the steps of the first big building.

# 4 28-09-2005 , 06:40 PM
I see that I didn't do too well with the stairs on the first building. Yet, those aren't the only problems. The main one is: I'm really bad at texturing. The ones on there are just ones that I found on the internet, apart from the stairs and supporting woods. Those are Maya's wood textures. Of course, any help on how to texture would be awesome.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 29-09-2005 , 09:42 AM
first you have to understandt how UV's are working. That isnt very difficult. If you have any questions on laying out UV's write a PM to me.
Then you have to create a shader with bump maps specularity and so on....

There are many tutorials on texturing.