Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-11-2006 , 07:17 PM

how do i render a movie? >.<

i made a fighter plane and have some animation and a camera following my plane with another animation. and now i dont know how to render this into a movie user added image

hope someone can help with my situation.

# 2 23-11-2006 , 07:20 PM
go into the newbie forum and read mtmckinley's sticky labeled 'how do i render a movie?'

that should tell you all.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 23-11-2006 , 08:02 PM
well i found a new problem with this. i did all the steps and after i batch rendered and it finished doing that i looked for the avi file where it should have been but theres nothing there =/ could this be RAM problems?

# 4 23-11-2006 , 09:07 PM
Senior Software Developer
Top Tip:

When you render your film. Never render out an avi, it just doesnt work. Render your movie frames as targa files (great quality) and use VideoMach (Free) or Quicktime Pro to compile them together to create a avi or mov file. The link to VideoMach is here

Enjoy

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 03-12-2006 , 07:01 PM
or you can import your targa file in after effect then you can convert it to what video format you want

# 6 15-01-2007 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
hey ransid, when you said "Never render out an avi", do you mean by rendering it straight away from maya or putting all the targa files together than producing 1 video which is .avi format?

mj

# 7 15-01-2007 , 01:30 PM
he means don't render to .avi format from maya... it's a better idea to render out to an image sequence, because if you find an error you can just go re-render some frames instead of the whole thing, and if maya burps while you're rendering to an avi file you won't get anything at all or a corrupt file, but if it crashes while you're rendering to a sequence you still get all the files it DID finish before crashing. you only have to go back and render the ones it didn't get to yet.

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 15-01-2007 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber
ived never rendered from maya to .avi straight away for some reason at all. i just render to tga files like what you said then combine them into videomach. thanks for clearing that up neo.

cheers, marlon