Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-07-2007 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber

Tall Cartoony Composer!

OK, i decided to challenge myself a bit (i'm still a rookie)

after the ORC modelling and texturing tutorial DVD's i used i LOVED them and learnt heaps, but it was only a head and neck, so i decided to see if i could make a whole character using the things i learnt.

Here's the result, i'm showing the progress from past up until what i have done now. its no finished, i have the bump and speculars to do, then onto animating preperation.

tell me what you think, i thrive on feeback, that needs improvement, what is best, etc!

thanx heaps!
:

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 29-07-2007 , 02:22 AM
Hi JosiahBrooks,

That's looking pretty good for a rookie. You're learning quite well. I think character modeling may very well end up being one of your main strengths. One thing that really jumped out at me was the uv layout...the colored one. The face, to me, looks like it has lots of character. Perhaps your next model you could make a heavier set character with a head that looks like the head in your uv layout. I think it would be interesting if done right.

Good job so far on your current model! Looking foward to seeing how your skills and talent develop in time.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 29-07-2007 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber
thanx bro
i think the bump/speculars will make a HUGE difference

also one thing i was contemplating, was adding hair.
i've never done it before, and dont know how to aniamte with hair so it'd be another big jump. damn, i dont even know where to start with that one, lol

# 4 29-07-2007 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Hey Josiah!

Great stuff man, your picking up this like its nothing :p i suck at textures things i think i may buy the orc tut, since it really helped you out ...

Keep up the good work bud,

Marlon

# 5 30-07-2007 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
haha thanx dude
the DVD helped enourmously!
i never even knew how to LOOK at nurbs without being confused, now i use it as the base of every head i make, its very nice. I also learnt alot in the animation DVD

i'll post very soon in here with the updated renders with bump and specular, hopefuly he should be animatable soon!

# 6 01-08-2007 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
Well, i've finished the Bump and Specular.
the differences are subtle, but good. ads a nice dynamic in my opinions

what do you think?

user added image

user added image

user added image

now im on to rigging, and making some blendshape multiples.

feedback?