Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-08-2008 , 08:53 PM
19 year Veteran

Issac Hays RIP

Along with the Bernie Mack, Issac Hayes passed away today at the age of 61. I don't know the exact details of his death. All I heard was that he was found unresponsive at his home.

Issac Hayes for the ones who don't know, is most famous for his voice role as "The Chef" on south park, the theme song for "Shaft". You may have even seen him as The Duke of New York in John Carpenters "Escape from New York".

I'm going to miss Issac Hayes. He was a very talented Actor.

Crazy stuff going on I tell ya.

# 2 08-08-2008 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
Damn, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, and we almost lost Morgan Freeman.....

# 3 08-08-2008 , 09:24 PM
19 year Veteran
I heard Morgan Freeman is doing alot better. The news made his car accident more serious that it actually was. I heard he was joking with the Medics while they were in the process of freeing him from the car. Now he didn't get out inscathed. He did suffer from injuries that were considered severe enough in medical terms.

# 4 08-08-2008 , 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Mac then Hayes, geez, its kinda surreal what with them passing one day after the other, wow.

- Genny
# 5 09-08-2008 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
yea, im 51.., going on 32., freaky stuff.., Isac wrote one of the most memorable rhythms of all.., SHAFT.

61 is VERY young.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 10-08-2008 , 09:13 AM
yeah - it always happens in threes.

sad to hear about isaac hayes passing. not good.

by the way, he was actually 65 so, you know, not THAT young... user added image

# 7 10-08-2008 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
they say its in the mind.., i believe it user added image you meet all sorts eh?? 80 is getting old in my old and humble opinion user added image

seriously Arron.., dont say that user added image.., its only 15 years away user added image

but man.., that was such a COOL song..,

da da da.., da da da.., da da da......,DDOO..., da da da.., da da da.., da da d...., 'SHAFT' (can yu dig it).., user added image

(sorry its getting late :blush: )

# 8 10-08-2008 , 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
I'm 23 and I have to say that even though 65 isn't some young spring chicken, it kinda young to just keel over unless you have some sorta illness.

- Genny
# 9 10-08-2008 , 01:21 PM
oh i was just kidding - and trying to get a rise out of mirek user added image

obviously, any age is too young to keel over and die - unless of course you're dick cheney...

# 10 10-08-2008 , 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by arran
oh i was just kidding - and trying to get a rise out of mirek user added image

obviously, any age is too young to keel over and die - unless of course you're dick cheney...

LOL I could add a couple more people to that list ><

- Genny
# 11 10-08-2008 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
ARRON.., YOU B,,,,,D...!!!!! for this.., next time you see an old lady crossing (anyone over 50) the street.., you must politely offer your help (and no grabbing the handbag and running)!!!!!

on another note, it IS amazing how fast time flies.., i was the original peter pan and never thought id get old (im only 51).. but no matter how one feels.., its what happens around you.., friends die, drift off, are harder to make, ect that lets you know where you stand in the scheme of things

enjoy your youth.., dont miss it!!!! make love, work hard, have fun.., travel.., (so cliche, so true)

i think it utterly important.., that if you dont have TONS of cash (because then you will ALWAYS have tons of 'friends', i know from experience.., from before i joined this 'real' world).., to have a loving partner.., heed my words young Arran and other youngsters., THIS is MUCH more important than maya. :bandit:

the rhythm of life is gaining tempo.., it use to be 120 bpm.., now its around 360 bpm.., i know because i tapped my foot to its rhythm and counted.

and im only 51, 51, 51, 51, 51,.., it SOUNDS young if i say it continuously

cant say life hasnt been full.., so i know its too short to live it in front of a computer and live life in ones own lunch box (home alone).., may as well go to city hall and bow down to the great ones (to the tone of satire).., and pledge dumb allegiance.., 'i will do as you say oh great ones.., make money for you and then die in an old folks home'

cheer guys and gals

thanks GecT.., and you.., ARRAN.., well.., this time i forgive! (cheers dude user added image )

user added image

# 12 10-08-2008 , 11:11 PM
19 year Veteran

arran: Wrote

by the way, he was actually 65 so, you know, not THAT young...

The news source I heard said he was 61, but if you say he was 65, then I believe it. The media is always getting those kinds of things wrong. However, 65 really isn't that old by todays standards. It think terminology goes 40 is the new 20, 50 is the new 30 and so on, if you believe that kind of stuff.

# 13 13-08-2008 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT
I'm 23

i figured you are old and now we know...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 15-08-2008 , 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Chirone
i figured you are old and now we know...

LOL, screw you Chirone ><, I might as well get my scooter, house dress and prune juice now huh? I needed that laugh, all this hurricane talk thats going on around here. Hope alls well.

- Genny
# 15 15-08-2008 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
hmm...

well, i'll be getting a walking frame for my next birthday, then next i'll have a scooter too.

we can race!!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D