Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-02-2009 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber

Victoria Bush Fires

Im just down south of where this is all happening. Luckily along the coast and there is no threat but it is a sad day for everyone here.
Just wondering about other peoples opinions, comments ext

RIP the 60+ and counting

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 2 08-02-2009 , 01:47 PM
Bad dude, really bad

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-02-2009 , 09:59 PM
yeah - i heard about that - not good - glad to here that you are safe.

# 4 09-02-2009 , 05:03 AM
yeah im out of the problem area as well, but its just reached 120 people died

# 5 09-02-2009 , 10:40 AM
131 people are confirmed to have died in the bush fires as of now, and will go up with authorities warning it may reach 200.

Its very sad that people died and that they didn't have much of a chance to get away from it.

The fires were not close to where I live, but on that day, at around five pm, there was this moment when the winds were very strong, I looked outside, and the sky had this orange glow - it was a bit scary and I knew that something was wrong.

I only found out today that it was around that time, the fires were most intense. The news also said the sky was how it was because of the bush fires and that people as far away as New Zealand saw a similar thing.

I have visited a few of the towns that are now completely destroyed a few years ago... I didn't spend a lot of time in them, but I was familiar with the main streets and that. To see those streets in ruins on the news gives me an odd feeling.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 6 09-02-2009 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber
Its horrible. And i am sickened to hear that some of them where caused by arsonist and idiots throwing cigarette buts out the window on a 47 degree Total Fire Ban day.

# 7 09-02-2009 , 11:36 AM

Originally posted by Some Guy
Its horrible. And i am sickened to hear that some of them where caused by arsonist and idiots throwing cigarette buts out the window on a 47 degree Total Fire Ban day.

I doubt anyone is stupid enough to throw cigarettes out the window during a total fire ban. The fires that were deliberately lit were lit by arsonists. They should get mandatory life sentences without parole, but I think the law unfortunately allows for a maximum of 25. I think they are pushing for each death as a separate charge, so hopefully they get more.

# 8 09-02-2009 , 11:41 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by The Architect
The fires were not close to where I live, but on that day, at around five pm, there was this moment when the winds were very strong, I looked outside, and the sky had this orange glow - it was a bit scary and I knew that something was wrong.

i remember the same thing happening when there was some fires in quebec or something up here, im not exactly sure where they were cause i was about 8 yrs old at the time but i was thinkin the same thing... the sky was pale grey and the orange glow of the sun gave it a tint of orange all through that just didnt seem right...

glad to hear people here are ok so far, and sorry for your losses :hug:

# 9 09-02-2009 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by The Architect
I doubt anyone is stupid enough to throw cigarettes out the window during a total fire ban.

Youd be amazed at how morbidly stupid some people can be.
The Bendigo Fire was apparently started by a cigarette. Ill find the link again if i can.

# 10 09-02-2009 , 12:21 PM

Originally posted by acid44
i remember the same thing happening when there was some fires in quebec or something up here, im not exactly sure where they were cause i was about 8 yrs old at the time but i was thinkin the same thing... the sky was pale grey and the orange glow of the sun gave it a tint of orange all through that just didnt seem right...

Yeah, it looked like that. Its eerie. I can't imagine what being in the actual fire must have been like, but survivors say the sky turned black and they couldn't see a few meters ahead of them.

@ Some Guy: I have a link here about the Gippsland fires:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/po...6.html?page=-1