Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-03-2011 , 02:37 PM

How could I found what program is use in what movie ? And who know ......

Hi,
I am sorry if this question have been already asked, but I admit I am not sure how exactely should I write in search field, to know it !

Please do you know if there are a site web who's referencing which program (Maya, 3ds max, Cinema 4D, Houdini) is used in what or what movie !

By exemple there are a lot of things bad in Terminator 4, but, in opposite to a lot of non sense for a fan of Terminator 1, CGI are very good in Terminator 4, and very well integrated in the film !

Do you know on what program they have been made, please ?
Of course it's only the talent of people who work on it who made them well, not the program used, it's just I am curious :p !

My another ask would be if there are somewhere any info about what program is most used in cinema and serie, and what program is more used in video games !

Thanks for having read me, Cordially !

# 2 29-03-2011 , 03:39 PM
The Nurb Herd
most places in london use maya (with in house plugins/software), nuke (compositing) and houdini (fx).
older movies would probably have been composited in shake.

# 3 29-03-2011 , 04:39 PM
EduSciVis-er
First I'd go through the credits to find out which studio(s) worked on the movie, then google the studio, then search through the "about the company" and the "jobs" pages to see if they have info on the pipeline, or what kind of experience is necessary for a job. That should give you an idea at least.

# 4 29-03-2011 , 09:36 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
Most vfx company use more than one app for shots. Plus they often have to share assets with other vfx shops, so its not one but many programs they use to get it done.

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 5 29-03-2011 , 11:08 PM
Ok, but (I should say it in first) I thought more about, the animation of the Terminator T-800 at the end
and in the begin the T-600 without legs who attack John!

Thanks for all your reply ! user added image
I am sure they use a lot of different programs, but I don't think if they have workers on Maya they'd use too others persons working on 3DSmax !

Adapting the animations would be so much waste of time !

Last edited by Vindicator; 29-03-2011 at 11:10 PM.