Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-07-2003 , 10:28 AM
Subscriber

3DS Import Plugin

Er... I cannot seem to find this plugin... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have looked on AW site and tired the one Kevin originally made available in April last year - doesn't seem to work with Maya 4.5 user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 04-07-2003 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 04-07-2003 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
Cheers strarup! I guess I wasn't looking hard enoughuser added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 4 04-07-2003 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
if you are on Maya 5 it is included in the bonus tools!

# 5 04-07-2003 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
if your pc based i wouldent use the 3ds import plug...

FBX format if alot better (animation/ik/textures), + it also exports you mesh as quads and not tris user added image

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 6 15-07-2003 , 12:11 AM
Hey on a note with the 3ds import..I have created a model within 3dsmax. Exported as a *.3ds. Imported it in Maya. And It's no where to be found. If I do SHIFT +A it comes in view, but most of it is like gone? But it comes in view when I rotate it..Why can't I see it all clear and not have pieces dissapear?

# 7 15-07-2003 , 12:20 AM

Problem with Importing

I've created a model in 3dsmax 4.0, I have exported it *3ds
I have Maya 5.0 and the bonus tools. So I have the new 3ds importer. The problem is, I can inport the model, and in the view panel. I see nothing. Shift + A brings it somewhat to view in all 4 viewports. When I rotate the model, I can start to see the model. Parts are invisible untill I rotate it. How can I see my model in its full form in the view ports? It seems like a DOF problem or sumthin like that.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks